I know that I did a few potential 2017 wants rants before... but that was when Mattel was in charge. I KNOW the previous rant touched what I wanted to see in General. Now I will go for specifics that the more of them in the actual list, the more likely I am to subscribe if the Price is Right...
Come on now! You KNEW that the clip was coming, I even gave it away!
This is a list for CLASSICS, not the Filmation sub-line: That one I'll tackle later this week.
Now I'll use Matty's 7 figure and 3 Extra "Larger SKUs" for the sake of simplicity. I know y'all want your Stridors, but for Super7's Year One, I thought I'd go easier on them. So the "Larger SKUs" would be multi-packs or deluxe figures.
- Illumina: I know she is on a legal quagmire. Apparently, since she hadn't appeared on official Mattel Canon, Mattel may not own the rights to her. (Which makes her appearance on the Neitlichverse mini comic rather strange.) Now that ♠ is out of the way and Mattel put Super7 in charge we may have more chances of getting her. I just want a Female Blue Elf Warrior... Screw the Neitlichverse's version!
- Hoove: Yes, there's a New Adventures villain on this list. He was Karatti's Partner in the Cartoon and to get a heavy new tooling figure out of the way.
- Joya: Yes, the Bubble Carriage Driver girl. She was revealed at a vintage PoP Panel at Power Con and it's a new PoP Gal! This keeps the sub "all inclusive" and delivers "a new character" which Super 7 was interested in doing.
- Lodar: He's rather easy to do, and it's rumored that the Horsemen had him sculpted for quite some time. Not to mention he is more useful than Geldor (he survived his only encounter with He-Man) and it gives some love to Vintage Mini-comics.
- Jetpack (AKA Castle Grayskull Spacesuit):It helps us "fill the gap" from Castle Grayskull and he's literally a new head and armor (with removable Space Helmet). Let's face it, no one will use him as a "defender of Trolla" but they'll pop off the head and use it as the Castle Grayskull Spacesuit
- Skeleteen (Sub Exclusive): I KNOW he's unpopular, but it gives symmetry. King He-Man + Dare vs Gorpo seems unbalanced. Adding Skeleteen brings symmetry and we can close that chapter. Also, him being relegated to sub exclusive can make him more valuable in the secondary market.
The Large SKUs:
-The Three Terrors Deluxe Figure: This figure being only 3 new heads, 1 armor (in 3 colors) and 3 weapons makes it viable for a "deluxe figure treatment). The Four Horsemen can work their magic and make them look Badass. This one kinda hurts in the wallet, since you'd have to buy 3 of it... It's easier on the subscriber to get one and buy extras separately to have all 3 than get a 3 pack.
-Granita vs Lizorr 2 pack: Yes, I know this match makes no sense. Granita would be a highly new tool figure with rock pieces to act like her comet warrior relatives. Lizorr on the other hand, can be easily made and only needing a new armor. As you can see on the pic of Squeeze with Darius' Helmet, the similarities with Lizorr are surprising. His little need for new tooling compensates for Granita.
-Royal Armor She-Ra (deluxe Figure): The infamous Palace Guard She-Ra from the Neitlichverse. I got to be honest here: The reason she's here and as a deluxe figure is this idea from a Power-Con panel. I'd also add a Light skinned fourth female head, various female weapons (PD Teela sword, Shield, Adora's gun and goddess Spear in Silver). As an Army builder it forces us to buy multiples. Hell, I'd scrap the She-Ra bit and use it to make a Queensguard, but I don't think "Generic Female Palace Guard" has the same oomph! as a She-Ra variant.
While, yes, they are not all necesarily "Top Collector wants" (Skeleteen, I'm looking at you.) it fills gaps in all factions. It adds some new blood into the brand as well.
Jul 26, 2016
Jul 24, 2016
|Thundercats is loaded with this|
Sadly, Thundercats is dead... or in a coma
well, until Super7, Mattel and Warner Brothers figure out all of the red tape with Thundercats.
At least Classics is happening somehow... and the Filmation sub-line.
Now here's the thing:
I EXPECT to see Super7 tackle on the main two and a few core characters. New Company, expecting the release of a few A-List guys is kinda obvious. Why do you think we keep getting Ryu, Ken, Guile, Chun Li, Akuma every time a Street Fighter Line is made. I expect a few waves 1-2 to show up. Hopefully these will not be the same vanilla versions we got in Mattel's Classics. Maybe looking at 200X or the DC Comic as a way to refresh the core characters is a good idea... YES, I'm aware that I mentioned the "nu52 MOTU". I just don't want exact reissues of the Mattel MOTUC figures...
What I WANT might be a bit different:
-Completion of the New Adventures roster. There's 11 Toy Characters MIA from Mattel's MOTUC. For MOTUC to be "an Anthology line" we NEED those 11 Characters, and Sebrian.
-For the line to Not be overrun by variants. Too many variants kills lines. I expect a few of them, but not to be overloaded with variants.
-Representatives from the parts of MOTU lore that are currently not represented. Star Comics (if the rights are available), MVC Comics, The Power Tour, etc. (If you need specific examples: Lt. Andra, Illumina, Songster)
-Reasonable prices on these figures. Otherwise they won't sell well.
-Find a way for Snake Mountain to happen.
Last but not least: