Nov 16, 2019

Thinking on MOTU Revelation...

Kevin Smith already has a voice cast for the series and thinks it's super awesome...
Who have they cast? No idea... I suppose it's probably a combo of Veteran VAs and newcomers.
Now if I were to do this series... This is who would I cast: (as of November 16, 2019)

-He-Man/Prince Adam: Johnny Yong Bosch
Before anyone mentions that JYB played "Adam" in Power Rangers... That has nothing to do with it. Actually it was his work on Eureka Seven what drew me towards him... He can do young boy voices as well as adult voices, which is perfect for Adam.

-Skeletor: Crispin Freeman
This one was the toughest one to choose. Because part of me wanted a Filmation Skeletor impression, which could be obtained via Brian Dobson, or even Neil Ross (His Green Goblin can be tweaked into a nice Skeletor) but another part of me wanted a crap your pants evil voice from Skeletor, which can be obtained from the likes of Tim Curry, Mark Hamill, or Kevin Michael Richardson. Then there's the insane part of me who'd LOVE to get Al Pacino, or Nic Cage to do Skeletor... So, the only choice I had is the man I KNOW that could give me the Insanity of a Pacino or Cage Performance, the creepy Factor of a Curry or Hamill performance, and the Cartoony villain flair from an Oppenheimer impression. That man was Crispin Freeman...

-Man-at-Arms: Jimmy Flinders
This is a nod to Garry Chalk who went from He-Man to Man-at-Arms. Picking Jimmy Flinders, James Flanders, or Cam Clarke to do the voice of MAA seemed appropriate.

-Beastman: Ron Perlman
Everybody wants Ron Perlman to voice beastly characters... Is it because of Vincent (from the Beauty and the Beast series from the 80s with Linda Hamilton), or is it Hellboy? He has the VA chops and back in the day people thought he could play a live action Beastman.

-Teela: Wendee Lee
I Just Realized that I have 3 Members of the SOS Brigade here and IT WASN'T ON PURPOSE... At least on Kyon and Koizumi... (Freeman and Bosch) Wendee Lee was kinda due to Haruhi, but mostly because her voice sounds young and somewhat bitchy when needed... Like Teela.

-Sorceress:Tabitha St. Germain
I know it's a curveball, but Her Luna voice works as a character like Sorceress. Plus her other voices could be used on one-off or minor characters.

-Evil Lyn: Venus Terzo
Oh Look! A New Adventures Veteran... But I picked her due to her role as Blackarachnia in Beast Wars. She can also pull off Additional Voices for minor or one-off characters.

-Stratos: Darrell Hammond
I guess pretty much all of you KNOW why I made this choice... I'll take Potent Potables for 400.

-Man-E-Faces:Scott McNeil
 Another New Adventures Veteran. I know he was a couple of voices in 200X as well, but The reason I chose him is for his versatility in voices for Man-E-Faces. (and Additional voices)

-Merman: Rob Paulsen
If you're thinking 80s Raphael with gurgling effects and a hint of Pinky, then GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!


-Buzz-Off: Yuri Lowenthal
What? Sasuke Uchiha is too good for Buzz-Off?

-Orko: Jaleel White
He is an amazing Voice Actor, but all people can see when his name is mentioned is Urkel... And yes, he must do the Urkel voice for Orko.

-Trap Jaw: Jaleel White
Again, amazing Voice Actor... Much more than Urkel. And the role of Trap Jaw can give White some freedom in doing a villain, which is something he rarely does... I think defective Urkel-bot in a Scooby Doo episode was his only villainous role.

-Randor: Kevin Michael Richardson
He's a great voice actor and He could easily pull off the Randor father/king voice needed.

-Marlena: Cree Summer
Amazing VA and in order to give some 80s cred, I'm using a VA who has done popular roles SINCE the 80s...

-Mekaneck: Nolan North
Nathan Drake as Mekaneck... It's the only way to help such a dorky character, by giving him some charm that mixes well with the dorkiness of the character.

-Zodac: Maurice Lamarche
The guy is a VA Veteran, also he does a Killer Orson Welles impression, which is the perfect voice for a Cosmic Enforcer. Since Welles is no longer with us, well... Mr. Lamarche can grace us with his amazing voice. Not to mention that down the road we could get other characters out of him. I'm just sticking to SOME Core characters for this theoretical list.

Now to wait for the Official Voice Cast Reveal...

No comments:

Post a Comment