Oct 16, 2020

Among Us: a second rant.

 As you may know, I've recently started playing Among Us. While I enjoy the game I do have some pet peeves about it and they all involve people playing it.

Role players:
When you get players who start taking their made up roles too seriously and start spamming the chat with their roleplay that takes away from the already limited voting time. To be fair, I kinda used The Room quotes earlier today, but they were IN Context. Before being ejected from a false accusation, I was able to pull "everybody betray me. I fed up with this worl."
The impostor was called Mark... OK it was Marky but it's close enough for me.

Idiots:
The worst kind of player. They literally accuse everyone and they aren't the impostor. Yesterday I had a game where the Red player was literally accusing everyone. It was very annoying.

Tough guys:
I don't put these on Role Players, because this is the internet tough guy stereotype. The kind of player that talks a lot of BS about how tough they are and how they're going to screw us over outside the game that usually gets kicked out by the host player. It's hilarious, pathetic, and annoying.

I'm not the impostor rage quitters:
I get it plain as the Imposter can be incredibly fun. sadly 13 out of 20 times I get to be the Imposter, the game kicks me out due to connection issues. But when playing as a crewmate, it sucks to have a 10 people game suddenly turned into a 6 people game. Especially with multiple imposters.

I got killed so I ragequit:
 These ones annoy me even more. With this game you can do tasks even when you're dead. Also you can win the game despite being dead by completing the tasks. Sure the game kinda reduces the load a little bit when people quit and there are unfinished tasks, but still.

I ain't doing no steenkin' tasks! Not with an Impostor runnin' 'round!:
These are far even worse than the rage quitters. Especially when they are in packs. It's no fun when we are in a six people game with one imposter and there's only one person doing tasks. I know some tasks are annoying like starting the reactor, refuel, electrical wiring, or the medical sample. But they are literally the objective of the crew mates.  by not doing them these players facilitate victory for the imposters.

 What are some of your pet peeves from this game? Please drop a comment and tell me about it.

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vVOtc0U71g&t=10s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that based on my old Rhino sprites? Cool! I wish I still had all my sprite edits.

      Delete