May 24, 2021

Odds and ends May 24 2021: Battle Cat and other mini rants

 I think that I may have a couple of Revelation Battle Cats (emphasis on plural)...


While I'm not exactly fond of the helmet shape, or the green color on him, the size of him is amazing!!! Look at him next to the classics Battle Cat... You can see my point. This new cat is huge and it makes a much more impactful difference between the classics Cringer to Battle Cat.

I have to wonder now how big are these Revelation figures in comparison to classics. I was a bit lukewarm about these but I don't know this but this Battle Cat like sparked something good in me. The kind of Spark that was missing with oranges, I can feel it here. As always my biggest fear is Mattel fumbling, which has been a very common occurrence in the past 20-plus years.

I haven't commented much on Thundercats. It's not because I like Thundercats less than TMNT. It's not because Super7 has been very quiet about it... it's just that there isn't much to comment about the line. I've already done their speculation thing on how to get the top characters as fast as possible rants. I've commented on why I am not balls deep with this line... I mean, there is very little to comment on without delving into a Neitlichian desperate rant... like Showing Mattel's plan to release Thundercats and holding Cheetara and Tygra hostage for 5 years, or having SNARF, YOUNG LION-O, and VULTUREMAN as sub exclusives... sure they would've been cheaper than Super7, but you'd have to get characters like Captain Cracker, Driller, or freaking Wollos... I don't remember the full line-up. Can't find the page and I'm sure as hell I'm not giving Neitlich multiple views.

Thing is that aside the delays, there isn't much to say about Thundercats. They're hitting most of the right notes with them. You can't go crazy with variants like MOTU or TMNT... 
Aside Nudist Thundercats, or maybe an episode specific variant, there isn't much you can do.
It's onvious that Super7 operates in hyper nostalgia, so 2011 versions are out of the table just as 2002 was for He-Man. They could do Thundercats Roar, but would it sell at Super7 prices? 

What's going on with McFarlane's Mortal Kombat and Witcher lines? With the Witcher, everything has gone silent after the release of Eredin Breacc Glas. And MK had more Spawn Repaints announced and that's it. So many characters available and all we are getting is Spawn repaints? Where are Kano, Sonya, Shang Tsung, a Johnny Cage repaint!?
I'd kill for Carl the Curtain Guy, Robocop, Rambo, and Good MK movie skins of Raiden, Sonya, and obviously Johnny Cage!
While we are at it any plans for a Tim Drake figure? I mean he's the last mission character from the bat family that is not Alfred. Also a lot of characters that are not part of the bat family would be very welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment