Dec 22, 2023

Advent Calendar 22: Castle Grayskullman's Arena of Paon might become obsolete.

 

Or not... I'm still a bit torn. I did mention I had this Grayskull Arena on the back burner for quite some time. I couldn't delay this any longer, because theoretically it's an easy item to review. Shame we don't have the Titantron...

The ring has enough vertical space to look good with Masterverse, which are taller than MOTUC. It's the horizontal area where it falls short... even with origins. I think this Rings being too small for the figures thing has been a common situation with both Mattel and Jakks Pacific. 
The steps are a nifty addition.

From certain angles, it looks big enough, but it's  in fact smaller. Even for origins, the ring is too small. From Turnbuckle to Turnbuckle the ring is roughly 11.25 inches. It's supposed to be about 16.62 inches in order to be truly to scale with Origins. And 21.6 inches to truly be in scale with MOTUC and Masterverse.
But for a Grayskull themed Ring, Beggars can't be choosers. Like I said earlier, the steps are a nifty addition. They even have weapon holders.
Figures can more or less stand on the ropes, but I wouldn't trust them for permanent poses.

I have to say that I had some serious fun taking these pictures.

I just wish the ring wasn't so jumpy like the real ones to pose the figures better.
Unfortunately the version of the ring that I got was the one that didn't come with John Cena and Triple H. Otherwise I would have reviewed the figures.

This picture showcases what I mean about the ring being too small.


If you want to use it with origins, the colors match a lot better than MOTUC.
Ignore the continuity error

I would have to do some repaints, mainly on the steps because the metal areas are in wooden brown.


I have said most of what I wanted to say so I need to wrap this up... wait, is He-Man doing what I think he's doing?

I should've used some of the WWE figures instead. Especially the big Jabroni...

The Elbow of Grayskull! The Elbow of Grayskull!! It's all overnow!!

And I didn't need to see the Skelenads...

I'm not going to lie, while the place it is kind of fun, I do have a little bit of buyer's remorse. I can't quite put my finger on it but there's something nagging at the back of my head saying like you know what I shouldn't have bought this but it is what it is. Is it fun? yes. It works better with Origins figures or WWE figures despite being I smidge too small. 
Should you go out of your way to get this? No. But if you're able to find it at a discounted price by all means go for it and the Snake Mountain one as well. At least with Vince McMahon asking the Masters of the Universe collaboration we avoided the evil horde ring. That would have been cool though. And sadly we missed out on the castle Grayskull themed Titantron entrance ramp.



No comments:

Post a Comment