Jul 29, 2011

Felt the Magic, Heard the Roar!

Thundercats are loose!
WARNING!! There may be Spoilers!! Spoilers of a new cartoon that is a reboot of an 80s toon... So some of them have been known for 20+ years!!

The Premiere of the New Thundercats was Today and I saw it.
All I have to say is WOW! I'm gonna keep on watching this show (as long as Cartoon Network does not play Schedule Roulette like they did with another 80s property rebooted about 10 years ago...)




A quick peek at Nu-T-Cats... I think I've posted this video before, but posting it next to the MOTU reboot, that I have not done.
Which brings me to my first point: This new series has a MOTU-Esque vibe...
-Lion-O is the "Slacker Prince/Disappointment to his father" character... If you're thinking about a Pink vested prince or his maroon jacket 200X counterpart you win a no prize...
-Snarf suffered the 200X Cringer treatment as well.
-Cheetara reminds me a lot of Teela.
-"Thundera" is pretty much Eternos...

Unlike MOTU, this show got a tad dark from the beginning:
-Mufasa-O... I mean Claudus, and Jaga kicked the bucket in the First Episode... Why did I call Claudus Mufasa-O? Cause his Death kinda reminds me of Simbadam Begins... I mean the sctript by Justin Marks for the MOTU movie... (which thank goodness was scrapped). Jaga still dies a noble death, but this one was more badass!

I'm NOT Happy with two things:
TAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIILSSSSSSS! on the Thunderkittens and Pikasnarf!
Other than that I'm cool with the show...

Things that made me go wild:
- Claudus being voiced by the Original Lion-O!
- Lynx-O cameo!
-Mumm-Ra's reveal!
-Grune!

It seems that this is a continuation, rather than a TRUE reboot to the Thundercats... Only future episodes will tell... Or maybe the creators on an interview...
I'm eliminating any social activity on Friday nights just to watch the Thundercats! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment