Mar 1, 2012

Wait... Twilight Sparkle is Ben 10!?

It's time for another fan rant... and since I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I've chosen to start with the Mane Character... Celestia's Favorite Student: Twilight Sparkle... Or to be more accurate, her VA: Ms. Tara Strong... OK, my original plan was not to do it on Twilight's VA, but my assistant and good pal: Sum Ellis Ock brought to my attention that Tara Strong likes to troll on Twitter! Trollestia must be proud... Also, she's been on a couple of things that I like... Some I knew... Others I did not. So let's begin this journey through memory lane involving cartoons, videogames, movies... things I like that had Tara Strong (or Tara Charendoff... maiden names vs married names... sounds like a huge hassle but that's not what I want to celebrate/rant about...)

So, this is my starting point on stuff that had Tara Strong on it...
Beetlejuice the Animated Series... (Yes, she's been on stuff earlier than this, but this is the earliest thing I remember watching with her on it.) Also, fellow Pony VA Tabitha St. Germain (Rarity, Princess Luna, Derpy...) seems to have done some Voice work here as well... But back on topic... Here she played the snobby Claire Brewster among other voices...

Now we move on to... the cartoon based on the ultimate Product placement from THE WIZARD... I'm talking about the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon!


She's been on some live action stuff as well... but my emphasis will be cartoons and games mostly... Heck! She even appeared on the TV series Forever Knight... something that most people I know say that I made it up! A Vampire cop... It sounds crazy... but true!

The next thing I remember with her on it was Tekkaman Blade 2: Here she played Yumi


She also had a few appearances on the 90s X-Men series... (in which Alyson Court... Lydia from the Beetlejuice toon played Jubilee) the one I remember was where she played Colossus' sister Ilyanna Rasputin...

(Any reason to post this intro is good enough for me...)

The next thing I remember that had her doing some voicework was very Extreme! but don't worry... it was not that awful GI Joe Extreme... It was Extreme Ghostbusters!

Guess who she was playing... Not Janine...



She was also Batgirl!! (and young Batgirl in the Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker movie...)


Nothing better than being threatened by Bubbles!! Hey! I got a clip of Tara herself doing Bubbles... OK, roll the PPG intro!


Huf fa suja du suna ehdanacdehk cdivv... Damn the Al Bhed and their Machina!

She was Rikku in Final Fantasy X, it's sequel X-2, and a Fairy-like Rikku in Kingdom Hearts II!

Yes, I know I skipped Rugrats... but I've always hated Dil... as a Baby... I liked Dil better in All Grown up! Heh! Tara worked here with Cree Summer... (as well as in the FFX games...) Their paths seem to cross a lot...

She's also been on Family Guy doing additional voices... You learn something every day...

As mentioned in the title of this rant she's Ben Tennyson!?

Yes, she was Young Ben... before he was voiced by the same dude who voices Uchiha Sasuke...

I'm forgetting a very popular role she did... Teen Titans! She was Raven!


Wait she was Omi form Xiaolin Showdown!? Whoa!!


Ah... Before I take a turn to the 2 strangest roles of her VA career, (IMO) let me get out of the way her appearances on Butch Hartman shows... (Fairly Oddparents and Danny Phantom)
On Fairly Oddparents she was Timmy Turner!! (Freaking hard to find Fairly Oddparents clips that are not the Live action Movie with Drake Bell)
On Danny Phantom she was Ember...

With that out of the way, let's talk Drawn Together... Here she played two characters: Toot Braunstein and Princess Clara... The latter's voice sounds a LOT like Twilight Sparkle... Now, add Video editing powers and we get: THIS!

Oh, Celestia!! What has the internet done!?

Now as we step away from Drawn Together... great show, but not everyone's cup of tea, dark and crude humor, extremely tasteless at times (and it also has Cree Summer in it...)

Let me go to Videogames...
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops has her as Ursula/Elisa... IIRC same girl Bi-Polar Personality Disorder...
She returns as another character for another MGS
Oh Hideo's not so subtle attempt at preaching for peace... Paz

Her faux Latin accent sounds kinda sexy...

Well, she's also played a role previously played by a fellow Pony VA... Andrea Libman! I'm talking about Wolverine's "clone-daughter" X-23... So, when I kick butt with X-23 in MVC3 is like I'm kicking butt with Twilight Sparkle!!

OK, I knew she was Sari on Transformers Animated... but I didn't knew this!!



Here she was Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman and I think she was Iron-toddler on an Episode... (I think Cree Summer played Toddler-Falcon)

She also replaced Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn for Batman: Arkham City...

She played a younger version of Will Friedle's Lion-O in the 2011 Thundercats!

And last but not least: TWILIGHT SPARKLE!!


You can check her entire career at the IMDB... but all I have to say is WOW! She's been in a LOT of stuff that I like... Almost as much as Cam Clarke... Whoa!! I have to thank Ms. Strong for being involved in so much stuff that I've enjoyed throughout the years... Games, Toons... A lot of these I didn't knew that it WAS her until checking out IMDB... Hopefully she'll keep showing up on more stuff that many people (myself included) enjoy... Got to play some Peace Walker now... In the name of Peace, Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment