Nov 10, 2013

Mandatory Google+ for youtube is annoying

A few days ago, many Youtubers woke up to find a terrible surprise.
Mandatory Google+ Usage if they wanted to comment on videos.
I'll be honest: If google Plus was a person I'd say:


It feels like the bastard child of Facebook and Tumblr... I don't mind much the FB interface, but I
DETEST the one from Tumblr... Guess which one is closer to Google+'s look? It feels more like Tumblr.

It's not that I hate G+ (which I do) but the way that they SHOVED IT DOWN MY THROAT the past few months. I tried it the first time and did not like it, so I returned my Youtube account the way it was. The next day it changed it back to G+ and I changed it back to normal Youtube. A week later It "asks" me to change it by forcing me to choose yes and then having to undo the change manually. I think I have like 5 or 7 G+ Accounts due to Google's forcing this crap down our throats... Which brings a lot of resistance. Then came the mandatory change where we're forced to use this abortion to comment on Youtube. It wanted to link my full name on it for me to comment...

NEWSFLASH!! Not everyone wants their entire life linked on one thing... Hence the separate Usernames to post as on different areas. My YT Username is not the same one as my Blogger account, etc.  While this blog is mostly for fun or for me to vent, I do not want my rants from here associated with my rants on Youtube comments. Much less popping up on other people's newsfeed or Circles.

It's trying to be Facebook, but it's NOT Facebook... and "it doesn't want to be Facebook". (except when it does) At least Facebook has the time-wasters... (The Games) which make Facebook more fun than Google+... Then again, most of the people I've heard praise Google+ are Google fanboys.

Now if there is ONE GOOD thing about the mandatory Google+ BS is that the 500 character limit for youtube comments is now gone!! (In some rants I've needed like 3-5 comments in a row) I'm stuck with it due to it being shoved down our throats. I do NOT like it and I think it sucks... It's functional, but it reminds me of that socially awkward Teacher's Pet that thinks he's awesome because he's hall monitor. (but in reality is a huge dweeb that no one really likes since he's always in your business.)

Some people may like it, but it's mostly not for me... Also the idea that 2 or 3 of my older relatives (my mom among them) use G+ and if I add her to my circles they could read my Youtube tirades doesn't make me feel comfortable. I blame the phones being with it pre-installed and the whole forcing it on everyone for everything. Not everyone likes bundles, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment