Jan 10, 2024

Disney and Simpsons Ultimates dead: a rant

 In a recent podcast with Fwoosh, B-Flynn dropped the bombs of Simpsons and Disney being dead. It sucks for the Disney line, since there were a few classic Disney characters I would've been interested in. With Simpsons, well, I wasn't interested in the line and the choices were odd. 4 waves and not one single Vanilla Simpson. Astronaut Homer, Mumu Homer, Bartman, but no normal Bart or Homer. It's nonsensical. Also, Simpsons are too stylized to work as a 1:10 scale line. These should've been on the 5.5" scale. Now let's go to the biggest elephant in the room: $55 price tag. I'm pretty sure most folks were waitong to see the vanilla versions of the charactwrs before going balls deep with Poochie, Radioactive Man, Drederick Tatum, Hank Scorpio, etc. 

Had these been, say $35 per figure, maybe more people would've gotten them. I've said it for quite some time. Super7 are spreading themselves too thin and this binch of acquisitions are diluting quality while raising prices. 

Same thing happened with Disney. They tossed a random mish mash of characters and some of them felt a bit of a ripoff at $55. (Pinocchio, Alice, I'm looking at you. My two Alices were obtained under Super7 prices.) By the time they got to a themed wave it was too little, too late, and not the best selection for a wave. 

The $55 price tag is putting a lot of people out of the game since QC is extremely random. One wave is amazing, the next has figures that can't be displayed because they fall apart. Not to mention that For some licenses other companies are putting better product for less. 

I don't want Super7 to fail. I want them to get their heads in the game and fix this shit up. Otherwise more people are going to give up on the lines. The $55 price tag has made me into a Cherry picker. I buy straight from super7 the figures I REALLY want and I get the maybes from sites like BBTS, Entertainment Earth, or eBay. If they Increase prices once more I'm out. I honestly can't justify spending $65+ shipping handling, etc. For figures that at best should be $35.

No comments:

Post a Comment