Feb 24, 2011

It came from the Toychest: It has the Touch...

If you haven't guessed what I'm going to review by the Title, Let's have some BG Music
Yup! It's another Transformers review. This time is a multi pack: Rodimus vs Cyclonus.(featuring Nightstick) Based on the 1986 Transformers movie.
Let's get to it.
The packages shows the contents pretty well, except the free comic based on G1 Continuity...
It has Rodimus, Cyclonus, Nightstick AND The Autobot Matrix of Leadership! The sucker is made out of Diecast Metal... and it's heavy!!
The comic tells some events that apparently happened Off-screen in the movie.
You can see both modes here. I will move on to the review:
Articulation:
Rodimus:
He's got a decent range of movement, but only when unarmed. The gun limits a LOT of the Articulation on his arm. Transformation is mostly easy. After looking at the manual once I was able to pull it off with no troubles. 4.0
Cyclonus:
He's got a better range of movement than Rodimus. His Transformation is a bit tricky. I had to look at the intructions a couple of times...4.5
Nightstick: For a pack-in Weapon, he's got 10 PoA. His Transformation is easy as pie... 5.0

Paint and sculpt:
Rodimus: The sculpt is Decent, he looks Rodimus-like. (I have no other Rodimus toys to compare him to, but I was able to recognize him.) Paintwise, Rodimus suffers from some paint slop on his hood... 4.5
Cyclonus: He is recognizable. I admit that I had forgotten his name. I had him as a kid. Can't forget those Batman "horns" Also he's got the light piping thing so his eyes glow red when standing in front of a light source. Paintwise, I don't see any slop or anything. 4.5
Nightstick: I didn't remember him at all. The sculpt works and little guy's paint is flawless. 5.0
Accessories:
This is a Two-Pack... Technically speaking it's a 3 Pack so we must take that into consideration.
Rodimus: He's got his gun/exhaust pipe that fires a missile. Spring loaded missile... Trigger's a bit tough, but the missile doesn't fly that far. It also has a rounded tip. (Ridiculous looking I might add. Round tipped flames) and the Matrix of Leadership. He can hold it thanks to a hidden tab that pops under his left hand. 4.0
Cyclonus: He's got Nightstick, like his previous toys. 4.5

Overall:
Rodimus: 4.33
Cyclonus: 4.5
NightStick: 5.o

Whole Package: 4.61 I believe this is a must have if you like Transformers and can't afford the Takara toys. For $17 dollars I got three awesome toys and a Freaking Die Cast Matrix of Leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment