Feb 21, 2011

Reality TV? Really?

Reality TV, the Monster that killed the Music on the now Moronic Television. Some people call it the cancer that is ruining TV. I mostly agree, but I've seen a couple of shows that I've liked.
I will start with the one that I re-watched recently: The Joe Schmo Show.
The video shows the "Eviction ceremony" of the show. For those of you who didn't know about this "show" Here's the Premise: An average dude is in a reality show, little does he know that EVERYTHING is a lie. (The rest of the "contestants" are actors and everything has been meticulously scripted to re-create a true reality show where the star is the unknowing contestant.) Our "schmo" is Matt Kennedy Gould, one of the nicest guys I've seen in this TV genre. Sadly I couldn't find a clip of Matt's "what is going on!?"

Road Rules:
MTV's second Reality show, slightly more exciting than The Real World Through 14 seasons a group of 5-6 strangers travelling on a Recreational Vehicle, doing missions for cash. The show evolved into a "Game show" which made it more exciting for viewers like me... Who can't stand the Real World... except when it clashes with Road Rules... on The Real World/ Road Rules Challenge(s)! I have to admit that they're not the same since a favorite cast member of mine left... This Real World cast Member is now...
Whaaaat? Mike Mizanin from Real World is The Miz? Damn! *Ahem!* AWESOME!

Let's Move on, Our next show has no links in Youtube. It's more of a game show, now that I look at my small list; All my shows are game oriented.
Spike TV's Murder: A show in which the CSI Wannabe contestants have to collect evidence and present their findings to Detective Tommy Le Noir. The Detective determines who was the most accurate and declares a "winner" (Most of these cases if not ALL of them are based on true Murders.)

Last on my small List is: I survived a Japanese game show
Japanese Game Shows are something out of this world for Westerners. Mix the "insanity" of Japanese Shows (Think Double Dare minus the questions) with the American Reality show... You get... This show. Sadly it was cancelled after 2 seasons.


I do not watch too much reality TV and that's mostly due to the fact that the shows I like get canned. Meanwhile the craptacular love quests of Flavor Flav, New York, Brett Michaels (isn't he banging Miley's mom?) and possibly Snooki are shoved down our throats!
Now this is the Best of MTV!? Pathetic...

No comments:

Post a Comment