Jan 30, 2012

Matthew Broderick's Day Off and car ads...

Huh? Well here's the Spiritual sequel to Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

Uh, what the heck is this!? An Ad for a Honda CR-V?
Am I supposed to believe that Mr. Broderick cruises around in a Honda CR-V to do what his character did in Ferris Bueller's Day Off on a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT!? Oh Puh-Lease!
Then again it seems that there is some sort of trend of Celebrity Ego-Stroking Car Commercials...

Luckily Other Car Makers have decided to make car ads exciting or fun, in stead of ego-stroking projects for celebrities. Now, don't get me wrong, but I enjoy a nice celebrity-backed commercial (like the Norton Antivirus ads with Dolph Lundgren, or The Hoff) but Jennifer Lopez cruising on a FIAT in The Bronx is highly unlikely... At Least The Matthew Broderick Bueller Tribute had a bit of charm in it.


You have to admit that the widdle Vader ad was kinda funny and cute!

At 0:08 I saw a Doc from GI Joe!
At 0:09 I saw Storm Shadow!!
At 0:15 I saw a couple of Mr. Potato heads!!
At 0:19 I saw Twilight Sparkle!!
Is this a car ad!? or is this a Secret Hasbro Toy Commercial!?
Wait! What's this!? At 0:41 I spy a NECA Lara Croft!?
You know what I DON'T See!? Mattel Toys... I Wonder Why...

Now, these ads may not make me want to buy a new car immediately, I'm sure as HELL that it won't be a FIAT or a CR-V...

Speaking of buying cars you may need insurance!!

Sonic's got you covered... Wonder when Mario will start pimping Geico or All-State...

No comments:

Post a Comment