Nov 4, 2012

It came from the Toy Chest: Another Sparkling Vampire

No it's not Alice... Sadly, it's Jane of the Volturi! Who is her? Dakota Fanning in the movies... and She scares the crap out of Sir-Sparks-a-lot!





OK $27/2 is $13.50 then I subtract the $5 coupon and the $6.50 in my rewards card and that leaves us st $2!
Cheapest Mattel Product EVER!!  
I got her at Super duper Clearance... She was on Clearance, had a 50% OFF her marked price (which was reduced already, I had a $5 off coupon AND I used my points from K-Mart's rewards program... Yes I bought her at K-Mart...) SO I paid about $2 + taxes. She's a cheap vampire!

She doesn't come with much, but none of them did come with anything aside Stand and a Certificate of Authenticity

I did cut the rope holding the hood on her head. I like her more with the hood down.


Now let's get it on with the Ratings part: 1 Equals what Real vampires think of Twilight and 5 Equals what Twipires think of themselves.

Articulation:
Uh-Oh! Mattel seems to be cutting corners here! I thought they only did that on the Boys toys!Jane's legs are totally rigid without knee Articulation... (Victoria at least had the Barbie Rubbery legs... Jane here has Rock hard legs without a knee joint) Her Coat restricts her arm articulation a little bit.
2.0
Paint and Sculpt:
According to the Trademark info, Jane is a 1999 Barbie from Indonesia. Reusing bucks in Barbie is nothing new. she also sports a Barbie or Friend's head... Hence the Doesn't look like Dakota Fanning vibe she exudes. and like Victoria she lacks Eddiekins' sparkles!
2.0
Accessories:
Since Twibies are not meant to be played with she brings what she needs: Stand and Certificate.
3.0

Overall:
Janey-poo of the Volturi gets a whopping 2.33! Her incredible lack of Articulation (and sparkles) did hurt her score... I mean I can't complain for a $2 Barbie, but keep in mind that this is supposed to cost $30

The reason why there are no funny pics is cause Twibies are a bit of a pain to photograph and Dakota Fanning terrifies me!






No comments:

Post a Comment