Sep 26, 2017

I finally read the MOTU Newspaper strip collection.

I gotta say, it was pretty interesting. I may have had commented a bit about it in the past... Few references to Doctor Who in them. Some takes on characters that we hadn't seen before. That Snake form King Hsss is crazy. Clamp Champ gets some love as a character. Duncan even gets a fiancee that is NOT The Sorceress...

They even do New Adventures of He-Man while He-Man avoids the skinny jeans...

Sadly, there were a few strips MIA when the book was published. Apparently, there is a small chance that SOME of those missing strips were sold by accident at Power-Con.
I hope they are found so we could achieve a more complete collection if the eventual V2 is made. They were a refreshing read. This is the part where I'd take a jab at a really bad writer who is a professional bad writer.

Some liberties were taken at the time, but they weren't as bad as making the Heroes commit genocide... I'd say that the newspaper strips were a slightly more mature take on Filmation. They were a fun read and in a way took me back to my childhood, even if the first time I ever read these was as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment