Dec 3, 2020

Advent calendar 03 ICFtTC: Mini Masters

 

I had Plans for the Tim Mee Battle Mountain... they just got completely obliterated. The MOTU MINIS are too big, thus their Grayskull and Snake Mountain are too big. Got a Wave 1 and a Wave 2 Figure. I'll probably use them as "stuffed toys" in other displays. If I ever finish a TMNT sewer lair, Leonardo will have a He-Man stuffed toy. Yes this is a reference to Jimmy Flinders being the voice of both Leonardo and He-Man. 

The figures come in a wasteful chunk of plastic molded after Snake Mountain on Wave 2 and Castle Grayskull on wave 1.
Being brutally honest I just got these for the wasteful cases because I thought they were smaller.


Articulation:
Head, waist, Shoulders and that's it. To be fair I cannot ask for more articulation for an item this size. Despite looking like a ball jointed shoulders the articulation essentially functions like a shoulder cut.
4.0

Paint and sculpt:
The figures look like Super-Deformed versions of the characters. They kinda look like a cross between the Most Powerful Game in the Universe and Tappers of grayskull. I'm not much of a fan. Again, just got them for the cases. But being fair, they look good for what they are.
4.0


Accessories:
A single weapon and the wasteful blid box that doubles as a display case.
N/A

Overall:
Before anyone complains about having the Accessories section branded with a Not Applicable rating, hear me out., it wouldn't be fair if I rated them like normal action figures. These are blind bag of figurines with some articulation kind of like the Blind Bag ponies that I used to buy. The figures get a 4.0 as their final score.  the reason for the rating is because they passed with flying colors for what they are, but for me they're extremely disappointing. Fun fact you can pop the head of He-Man on a Classics body and the head fit on the ball from the classics body. The opposite doesn't work because the peg hole is far too deep for The Mini's neck to connect.


No comments:

Post a Comment