Nov 19, 2021

I wish Super7 would stop rereleassing the turtles...

 No, this isn't some pro-scalping "ReReLeAsEs DeVaLue My CoLlEcTiOn" excuse. My issue is that it hasn't even been 6 months from the last "rerelease of the Turtles". Now they're rereleasing them but at the higher $55 price...

5 months ago this same set was $180, ($45 per figure) while wave 5 was $55 per figure... now this set is $55 per figure. Existing molds with no new tooling. I'd understand if there were new molds made which means more tooling costs, but sadly, this is part of the game. 

Literally the same Turtles, except Raph who is from the "V2" style with darker vintage rack... I bought a set of the rerelease Turtles five months ago, to use the modern heads on them and I'm very likely to repaint the wristbands and pads to a grayish brown to make them more 2k3 inspired. I might even paint the bandanas on the vintage heads in red to have more "Mirage" Turtles. 

So, hear me out. I don't mind the rereleases, just make them different enough that I might be interested in double or triple-dip on them.

For the MOC crowd and speculators, packing the Turtles with the Modern head and a different color for the vintage weapons tree is a nice start.

Mirage Inspired Recolors could've been an alternative:
All Turtles in Raph Green with red headbands, brown pads and belts. 

Hell, even the 1987 Rose Art game where the Turtles had the wrong colors... Mikey had Don's Skin tone and viceversa. I don't know if Raph or Leo were reversed as well, but they could reverse them as well so they all match in being mismatched.

That's not counting the options of making new variants that "look vanilla". I've mentioned Wacky Action and Toon variants for this. Going "full mirage" or "2k3 toyline" on these could work... new belts and maybe different accessories. Hell, the Undercover Turtles could've been a nice way to rerelease the Turtles. I understand that the easier route is a normal rerelease with nothing changed, but that's lame...

Hell, even a 4 pack of the turtles with only their plain weapons as the accessories would've been different enough from the standard release...
But the question remains: where in the hell is wave 5 of Thundercats...

No comments:

Post a Comment