Jun 1, 2011

It came from the Toy Chest: Cobra Retr- Sorry wrong line!

I'm Making a Starscream Review!
Sadly it's not THAT Starscream. It's a Dark of the Moon Starscream review.
It's widely known that I hate Bayformers... but I kinda needed a Starscream... I thought, what the heck! So I got the Starscream.

First things first, he looks really good in vehicle mode. I'm not too fond of the Cybertronian tattoos that he's got. Also I detest the Bayformers' robot modes. At least here he's got some more Starscream-like look. That's a bit better. Sadly his color scheme doesn't help him much... Chalk it up to my dislike of Bayformers almost unrecognizable look due to the busy designs.
Let's get on with the review, cause my hatred of the Bayformers is rising and I'm running out of good things to say about the toy.

Articulation:
It's a transformer. These suckers are super poseable (in part cause of their transforming feature.)
5.0
Paint and sculpt:
The sculpt is thankfully a lot less cluttered than the movie designs. There are some Classic Starscream elements showing. Paintwise Hasbro did an awesome job. I may hate the tattoos, but the execution is flawless.
4.5
Accessories: Here's the big flaw on Starscream. The Two gun turrets that combine into a Darthmaul-esque sword is pretty cool, but the 'Mechtech system' that allows ease to transform the weapon is its downfall. The spring loaded part of the weapon keeps causing the other half to pop off.
2.0
Overall:
3.83
The weapon issues were the biggest culprit that took a huge chunk of Starscream's score. I can't believe that I'm liking this bayformer... But it feels like he's lacking something... a More G1 inspired Paint job!
Now I like him a LOT MORE! Still his weapon sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment