Apr 16, 2012

Ultimate Spider-Flop, my thoughts on the USM show.

Well, judging by the Title, you can guess that I think the show is bad. Yes, I do...
I Honestly tried to like it... I mean it has Agent Coulson and Tobey Man's JJJ... It also has Tara Strong as Mary Jane... Drake Bell as Parker is OK... The Art Style is better than Spectacular Spider-Man...
But the show does NOT Feel Like Ultimate Spider-Man at all...



Let's me get the wrong out of the way:
This is NOT Ultimate Spider-Man (as in the Popular Marvel Comic...)
This is Teen Titans meets Family Guy and Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends.

Frightful Four and Doctor Doom (Technically a Doombot) have been the enemies shown... Aren't they Fantastic 4 Villains? Yes, they showed a "Venom" but it doesn't share any of the comics origins for it...

I think that what bugs me so much is that the cut-away gags seem so forced and they're like 1 quart Zack Morris Time-outs, 1 quart Teen Titans chibi visual gags, 1 quart Family Guy random WTF gags and 1 quart actually funny gags...

I don't mind the team-up aspect (even if I detest the idea of Teenage Luke Cage and Iron Fist...) but I think that if this show was called something else it wouldn't bug me that much...

No comments:

Post a Comment