Aug 18, 2016

Disney wants to Shake it up, but they have wronged me BADLY!!!

And I'm talking about Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Remember that Zendaya was supposedly cast as Michelle? Peter's roommate after the One Moronic Deal Disaster? Well? She is not playing Michelle... She is playing...
Mary Jane!!

My reaction hyper summarized:


Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Zendaya as an actress, just not as MJ... If Disney wanted to use one of their former alumni, I have the PERFECT choice for MJ...

I'll give you a hint... It's NOT Zendaya...

Here's the thing: This is yet another example of forcing FALSE DIVERSITY into a fictional medium.
The characters are already established, and the people that Peter hung up with most of the time, are white.
Flash is now Indian, MJ is now half-black, Liz is black... wait, Shocker is now black too!? Now, yes, I'm aware that Liz was made a Latina in Spectacular Spider-Man and I did complain about that but that complaint was before The House of Rants was built.

This False Diversity will come and bite them in the ass...
We're to assume that if Peter and Flash are somewhat Friendly now, Peter must have stood his ground and possibly beaten Flash... (white boy beating up a brown boy... Roll the clip!)


Shocker being Black means that Spider-Man, a WHITE UNOFFICIAL LAW ENFORCER will be beating up a Black Man... which is Racist as hell...

Now, people are going to defend this choice saying "who cares?" "Race is irrelevant, what matters is talent" and things like that... Now If I were to make Hobie Brown a Caucasian man, make Robbie Robertson Latino and his son Randy half-Asian, I'd get a lot of flak because those characters are supposed to be black and some other double standard excuse... and no, I do not want a Caucasian Prowler or a Half Latino Half Asian Randy Robertson. I want the characters to be as close to their comic book counterparts as humanly possible.

I will watch the movie, but I am not liking this casting choice... Seriously, GLORY GRANT...

No comments:

Post a Comment