Feb 22, 2017

MOTU Movie woes...

The small bit of news from the Metal Gear Solid Movie (oh please don't be a Shadow Moses Retread, but have the A SURVEILLANCE CAMERA!? Scene...) made me a bit worried about MOTU's "eventual cinematic return". Just NOT EXACTLY in the way you think.

You know that Super 7 has currently the license to make Mattel Toys until who knows.
Well, I don't think Mattel will be too eager to get the movie made for as long as they don't have the license to make their own toys... Think about it:

Mattel: The often called World's Largest Toymaker... (I think they lost their spot to LEGO) having to go through a middleman to get their own toys made seems counterproductive to them. Giving Super7 a slice of the MOTU Movie Pie is a horrible idea for the beancounters at Mattel. They'd want to keep as much as possible in-house just to get most of the pie. Then we have the usual suspects:

Lack of news... Well this is a constant thing with MOTU, since we know it's in Development hell... This movie has been "in development" since what? Early 00s? Last thing I hears was Kellan Lutz wants to be He-Man and that McG is directing. This doesn't help us, who are the TRUE TARGET AUDIENCE...

The true Target Audience of a MOTU Movie is in their 30s-40s and we're still getting older. Part of me is afraid that I'll reach my 40s and STILL NOT GET A MOTU MOVIE... Hell, my Mom DIED WHILE WAITING FOR A MOTU MOVIE TO HAPPEN (and GRRM to get off his ass and finish ASOIAF)

Mattel dragging their feet. I know, I know, I often mention that, but HASBRO HAS 2 OUIJA MOVIES... an Animated MLP movie coming 4 MLP Spin-off movies (the first had a Cinematic release), 5 Transformers movies, 2 GI Joe Movies, 1 awful JEM Movie...

Mattel? Max Steel...

Only time will tell, but the toy issue may push the MOTU Movie even further. I want to be proven wrong but, sadly, you know it makes sense...


No comments:

Post a Comment