May 25, 2017

Some people stay in the darkness... afraid to step into the light

Some people need to have Zac Effron wearing women's clothes for cheap laughs!
Don't you worry, It's gonna be alright! Cause the Rock's in this and's not a total piece of crap!
You might have guessed I'm talking about Baywatch.


So, my thoughts on Baywatch... Sadly, I have no clips of Justin Bartha from Gigli...
OK, it takes itself seriously, but at the same time it's VERY Self-Aware of the Campiness, cheesiness, and cringiness of the original... I'd call it a respectful parody of Baywatch... with a couple of self-deprecating jokes to the show and Zac Efron...

Mandatory jab at Zac Efron...
Also there are cameos

Ah, Pre-Internet fap Material... Now that I mention this, the Theater where I saw this movie had NO ONE UNDER 30 watching... A lot of old men who came to ogle at the ladies and a bunch of older ladies who came to ogle at The Rock...

And, come on... You can't make Baywatch without the Hoff... After Hoff left, Baywatch died...


So, the trailers pretty much give you the gist of the movie, which would make it seem redundant for me to explain. I already mentioned it's a parody, while taking itself seriously...
Was it great? NO! Was it enjoyable? YES! I found it better than CHIPs.  MUCH better than Charlie's Angels, Scooby Doo, Starsky and Hutch. But it can't hold a candle to The Brady Bunch Movie.
It kinda made me yearn for a Baywatch TV series...

Should you watch it? If you like Baywatch but don't LOVE it, you could... If you're a Baywatch LOVER, you might be a bit disappointed... If you hate Baywatch, don't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment