May 30, 2017

I met Tara Strong... The Misadventures of the House of Rants at PRCC2017

Yup, that very same Tara Strong... at Puerto Rico Comic Con 2017. She's an amazing Person...
Now here's what you're asking yourselves... in the scale of 1 to 10 how badly did I screw up that meeting?


Far worse...
I was shaking... and I mean shaking...

That table is a lot steadier than I was...

We're getting there in dorkiness... but this is super adorable...

This is getting closer in the anxiety level... and I mean enough anxiety to make me buy a fidget cube, which I used for 45 minutes while waiting for Tara Strong to show up to the Autograph Area...
I shared the cube with a few other con goers, who some were bronies, others were not... I mean she's been on freaking everything.
So, those of you who have heard the Council of the First Ones Podcast regularly, know how I freaked out whenever we had He who musn't be named on the show... My Anxiety levels went OVER 9000!!
So, we're on the line for the photo op. I'm not nervous at all... See the table above... I was chatting up with some fans and talking about Tara, her work and how she has impacted each of us, when we see her behind the curtain... I had a massive fangasm and started squealing like a preteen at a Justin Bieber Concert. When my turn to get the pic taken comes... I squealed: "Oh my God, SHE'S REAL!!!" My first words to Tara Strong were: "Oh My God, SHE'S REAL!!"





Yes, I know it's a dorky move, so dorky that it should never be mentioned ever again, but no... I will remember it

Her reply was: Yes, I'm real... and that's what I asked her to write on her Autograph of the pic we took together...
So, yes, I am a HUGE Dork... not because I'm fat, but because my dorky remark is beyond dorky... and I will wear my dorkiness as a badge of honor, because I am a dork, who met Tara Strong...

The Con was nice and stuff...I have uploaded compilation of pics from cosplayers that caught my eye and allowed me to take pics.  Only one Person noticed that I was dressed up as a ghetto ass version of Renton Thurston...

I got a bit of swag... Not much because I blew most of my money on Tara Strong... SO WORTH IT!!
The Star Wars Micro Machine was free. The Fidget Cube, I bought... It will be reviewed later on...
so new, so pristine...
I got to see Finn Jones (Ser Loras from Game of Thrones... Finish the damned books, George!! and Danny Rand from Iron Fist, which is much better than Jessica Jones.) Though his line was a bit small... Probably the $40 price tag for pics...

I didn't get into the David Ramsey pics, because, as I said before, I blew most of my cash on Tara Strong, the Fidget Cube and a 3D Printed Statue of myself... with Cap's Shield... That will be arriving in a week or so.  But he stood around on the Autograph booth and hung out with folks... Security didn't allow pics and I can't do what happened justice...
A dude dressed as the Arrow went to David Ramsey and they hung out for a bit. It wasn't Stephen Amell but it Kinda felt like a well lit episode of Arrow.

Negasonic Teenage Warhead was also there... She's so tiny!! I mean, Tara Strong is tiny, but Brianna Hildebrand looks tiny next to Tara. I didn't get to see her, but Tara posted a pic of them together on her Facebook!

There wasn't that much MOTUC to hunt at the Con... some Hurricane Hordaks, Eldors, Rio Blasts, no Spectors... So I didn't buy stuff. There was a flocked Loyal Subjects Red Beastman and the vendor looked a bit aghast when I said, meh, my Anti Eternia He-Man is much better...

Guess I could say I was Nervicited...
It was a fun, but exhausting experience... We now have confirmation of my social awkwardness. It was fun, but I feel extra drained. It didn't help that yesterday night I read about the dude who tried to kill Jason David Frank at Phoenix Con.

But yeah, I met Tara Strong... and I still can't believe it... But at least I have Physical proof of that meeting. Before anyone asks: No, I didn't try to see if the song is accurate... I was far too busy freaking out that I was standing next to Tara Strong to study her badonkadonk...
And it's in my bedroom... Don't get any funny ideas. Once I make a Pony Display, this pic will go on the wall next to it...

One thing is certain... well 2: Tara Strong is real and I'm a dork...  Now if we could get Mark Hamill to bring his Jedi Butt to Puerto Rico... I'd totally get the Pic and Autograph deal with him... Not because of Luke, or The Joker, but



UPDATE!!
As promised, here's the video with the cosplays and stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment