May 31, 2017

Riverdale: First thoughts...

Finally I saw the first two episodes of Riverdale, aka Archie's Creek.
Oh, boy, where do I start?
Archie has sex with Ms. Grundy...
I posted a pic of the REAL Ms. Grundy, so you can understand my WTF Reaction to that...

But when Ms. Grundy looks like she does on the TV show, then I can see statutory rape apologists defending the relationship...


The show is trying to create suspense with the death of a character with many subplots to generate interest in the characters... Sadly, I spent most of my time thinking: Oh Archie, what the Hell did they do to you!?
Oh yeah, the Pussycats that they made black for "Diversity" have been pretty much glorified cameos... Veronica is the only prominent "non-caucasian" on the cast. Reggie, who was made Asian is a glorified Cameo. the worst for last:


I never wanted to punch a Sprouse Twin until Riverdale... Last time I talked about a Sprouse I was making fun of a Jonas Bother...

Jughead is basically Jughead, but more Douchy and more CW, which translates into Punchable... but then again, so is half the cast... It's not a bad show, but it feels like a gritty grimdark Archie fanfic than an Archie show.





No comments:

Post a Comment