Feb 9, 2019

Toy Fair is next week... what do I want to see?

The NYTF is this coming week. Straight with Alita and V-Day.  Loaded week... carry protection, by that I mean a padded helmet to avoid hurting yourself when facepalming. Where do I begin with the facepalming?
TRU Kids... the rebranded Toys R Us attempting to rise from the ashes. They are rumored to be looking into toy companies to get product for their upcoming stores. Good luck...

But let's talk toys...
Not this ugly monkey faced Batgirl from Mattel... Seriously, she looks like the love child of Jim Gordon and a Monchichi...

No, I mean from toylines I collect, or used to collect. By that I mean:
Hasbro Marvel Legends
Super7 MOTU
ANYTHING BANDAI SH FIGUARTS
ANYTHING Figma
ANYTHING Revoltech
MAFEX
Storm Collectibles SF and MK...

So, Marvel Legends:
I expect to see better pics of the Caliban Wave, some comic book Avengers from the upcoming Avengers wave (endgame and a rumored comic book based wave)
Maybe a teaser or two from a Spidey Wave...
Crossing my fingers for an additional X-Men themed wave with the woman who yells at the elements! Hopefully a Magneto in red and Purple as he should be.

MOTU:
Saying that Super7 has dropped the ball is an understatement. The sad part is that nearly all the issues stem from the factory NOT doing things properly. The ones I CAN BLAME Super7 completely are turning their bacl on Classics... there are rumors that the Classics wave that is supposed to appear is either the last wave or the next to last MOTUC wave. Club Grayskull is rumored to have a wave 5. Right now I'm all "FUCK Filmation" because Classics has been ignored. There will be better pics of Vintage 2.0 and i don't give a flying Stratos about those

The Japanese Imports: (Figma, Figuarts, Revoltech, MAFEX)
These guys often throw curveballs... like the Figuarts Jar Jar that Mesa wants, or random figures that get made from things I like... like the Figma Link, Phoenix Wright, Solid Snake (mine is a bootleg, I know... I reviewed because I wanted to help you NOT FALL for it),  or the multiple figires I've gotten from figuarts... from Turtles to Freddie Mercury. He was supposed to come out of the toy chest, but lost all the pics from the accidental reformatting of my SD card. Revoltech has made some interesting figures... drom YuGiOh to Marvel... also, have you seen the MAFEX MVC WOLVERINE?
These companies can make a turd exciting.

Random fact: Did you know that figma had figures of THE Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya? I didn't. They had the entire SOS Brigade, Tsuruya, Asakura, with different versions of Tsuruya, Nagato, Asahina, and Haruhi... and I'm like: I NEED Haruhi just to pose her with Phoenix Wright...

For two reasons, one is the video above and two is that we may never get an Athena Cykes, but the English version of Athena sounds just like... you guessed it, Haruhi...

So, the Japanese are basically the wild card. They are most likely not at toyfair, but usially a reveal or two tends to appear near events like this.

Speaking of wild cards, let's make the wild into mild by talking Storm Collectibles:
We saw that Johnny Cage sneak peek. We know that After Rugal, Kyo was coming. There's a ton of characters teased like the Cyber ninja, the Kunoichi, MK3 Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, MKX Scorpion and for the SF crew we had Sagat and Guile for the SFII line, and no idea who was coming from SFV...

Holy shit! I FORGOT NECA!
Eh, I only care about NECA TMNT stuff... if they make a Splinter whether Mirage, Cartoon, 90s movie in 6-7 inch scale, I'd be interested.

Maybe Play Arts Kai will bother in making a VIIR Aerith and Tifa for me to replace the old VII ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment