Jan 4, 2023

It came from the toy chest: The red Capes are coming...

 


I had a different quote for Lex Luthor but it was about taking 40 cakes that's about 4 tens and that's bad.

McFarlane made a Lex Luthor, which completed my Superman Villain collection... Who needs Brainiac, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, Doomsday, Darkseid, etc. when you have Lex Luthor and Zod. You ONLY NEED LEX LUTHOR AND ZOD...
Or at least that's what Hollywood thinks.

Seriously, screw Lex Luthor and Zod!
Lex: Now grovel at my feet, alien...
Zod: NOOOOO!! THE SON OF JOR-EL SHOULD ONLY KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!
Lex: Another one? I thought you were the "Last Son of Krypton, Subparman...
Supes: *whispering*
Zod: NOOOO!! TERRAN, I WILL MAKE YOU KNEEL!!


Articulation
Luthor has standard DCMV articulation. Therefore, he brings nothing new to the table. He doesn't have anything in his sculpt that would hinder the articulation.
4.5

Paint and sculpt
The armored suit is very detailed and looks better than its Mattel counterpart. Yes I'm aware that Mattel's is a more classic rendition, while McFarlane has a more modern look. There's no slop on my figure, but I have 1 complaint, why is Luthor looking to his left?
4.5
Supes: OOF!
Lex: I will make you beg for Mercy!!
Mercy Graves VO: You called, Boss?
Lex: Not you, Mercy, I mean Mercy as in the one they beg for!
Mercy Graves VO: OK! Kick some ass, Boss!
Zod: Why do I feel weak?
Luthor: My suit emmits Red Solar radiation and the outer layer of the armor has a Kryptonite powdercoat. Basically, this suit is deadly to your kind, Rod. Now would you kindly eat my fist?


Accessories 
Extra hands

That's it. I know Todd skimps on accessories at times, but he gets 2 gripping hands that cannot hold a laser gun. Hell even chunks of Kryptonite would've been somehting.
2.0
Zod: Uwaaagh!
Lex: My intellectual superiority has finally bested the Kryptonian and his villanous compatriot! Now the Earth shall kneel in the precense of thwir savior, Lex Luthor!!
Wait, why do I hear boss music?



Overall
Luthor gets 3.67 as his final score. The hands being pointless is what hurts him the most. If he could hold laser guns, one could say he has a Kryptonite ray or something. But my Superman Big Bads are done... DONE I SAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment