Jul 8, 2012

I find your lack of She-Ra disturbing

And I'm talking about Mattel here... As we all know 2012 is Masters of the Universe's 30th Anniversary... I've ranted about it... a couple... of times... already... Really...
Well, we had a sneak peek at the third Mini-comic cover and guess who is absent...
I'll give you a hint...


Well, the DC comic also lacks She-Ra... and has a blonde Teela on it instead...

Missed opportunities...

What do I mean by that? Well, She-Ra, as I've mentioned earlier still suffers from the stigma of being a girl's toyline... The Masters of the Universe Classics line was supposed to encompass ALL of the MOTU related lines into one line (with one cohesive look, yadda, yadda)...
And so far we have seen NONE of that on the Mini Comics...

Now you may argue that the first 2 mini comics deal with He-Man's adventures on Pre-Eternian times... but the Third Mini Comic is the second Ultimate Battleground... The Final Battle... I think that featuring She-Ra on the cover would have been good to the whole Integration of PoP into MotU thing that Scott Neitlich preaches... I suppose that She-Ra stole precious space needed for The Mighty Spector and his good buddy Sir-Laser-Lot...

How can Mattel talk about integration of the brands, when they've been trying as hard as possible to keep them as separate as possible... There will be no more MOTUC mini comics, so this means no more chances to integrate She-Ra with He-Man aside the MOTUC toyline...

I know that the only hope would be the DC Comic mini series, but there are 5 issues remaining and most of them will deal with Adam's quest to recover everyone's past or something... I'm guessing that Spector will show up soon to Help Adam fix the mistake in the timeline or something... and if he does, I shall laugh and then complain about it! (cause Spector is no She-Ra...)

No comments:

Post a Comment