Apr 29, 2014

Street Fighter Toys: Are they Cursed?

I Love Street Fighter! I love action Figures. I've had NECA's SF, SOTA's SF toys, ToyBiz had some X-Men vs SF toys that I HAD to HAVE... Jazwares' SF Toys came to be in my possession. Hell I even had 1 or two Hasbro SF toys.

Sadly, I can never display them correctly. We never got a full roster after the horrible Hasbro SF Joes*

*SOTA is the one closest to a full roster that was accurate to the characters. (Dee Jay was MIA)

Is being able to recreate this in action figure form too much to ask?


Sadly, SOTA's SF toys vanished when they moved to online only and I missed over half of the waves. (Not to mention that finding most of waves 1 through 3 was a Pain in the ASS)

We know about NECA's "Curse" and many licensed lines die after 1-2 waves. So once again I was cut short of the SF goodie train.

Not even going to talk about the untouchable but awesome figures from the far East.

Is it THAT hard to get Street Fighter in Toy Form?
I suppose that they cannot have a "Buck system" like MOTUC or DCUC since Fei Long, Sagat and Ryu have very different physiques. They could save some money on Ryu and Ken due to parts reuse, but that's about it.

But HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! I know this is a bit of old news, but someone else is trying for Street Fighter Toys.

I WANT to Like them, but I'm a bit wary about the Cloth clothing on some of the figures. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the sculpt on Ryu, but their Blanka looks Decent Enough. Hopefully they can smooth out the kinks before the line is released.

To end this Street Fighter Rant on a more positive note, here's a set of clips from the Street Fighter: Assassin Fist Project:




I have more hopes in this than some upcoming Hollywood releases.

2 comments:

  1. I think those Capo Toys figures look pretty good. I agree with you, though, that this does seem like a line that no company can ever successfully complete. I feel the same about Resident Evil, though. Resident Evil has been handled by Toy Biz, NECA, Palisades, Moby Dick, Hot Toys, and Square Enix and no company has managed to give us the 6 main characters Chris, Wesker, Jill, Claire, Ada, and Leon in a consistent style and scale. I actually had been working on a story about this last year...maybe I'll need to dig it out and polish it up for publication...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear the cloth items on the Capo Toys more than anything. (I lost my Toy Biz Dhalsim pants many years ago and he looks weird being posed in his underpants.)

      I totally agree on the Resident Evil toys. Toss a Barry and a Rebecca to your list and I'd be a happy camper!

      Delete