Feb 16, 2018

Black Panther does not kno de wae...

Marvel's latest movie: Black Panther is...
Forgettable, unoriginal, formulaic, but despite all that it's entertaining. It takes place right after Civil War, but before Infinity War. I know some people are planning to boycott it because it's full of black people... Which is dumb since we knew from the start that most of the movie was going to be in Wakanda and that most of the cast was meant to play Wakandan people that wait for it... Happen to be black!

I found the movie a tad more serious than other Marvel movies. Then again, T'Challa wasn't one for dropping one-liners. There were a few instances of humor stemming from Shuri, and Agent Bilbo Baggins.

M'Baku does not get his comic book name, but then again, Man-Ape sounds very racist.

Let me summarize the movie...
T'Chaka dead, T'Challa has to become King.
To officialize the King, T'Challa poses a challenge. Man Ape accepts challenge and loses...
Klaw is alive and is being helped by Erik Killmonger... Who is T'Challa's cousin now... Who is plotting to take back Wakanda and become ruler of the world. Killmonger kills Klaw and sneaks into Eakanda, where he challenges T'Challa and wins, becoming Black Panther. Hence the BP outfit on Killmonger.
T'Challa returns Simba Style and reclaims Pride Rock and marries Nala...
And I'm aware I'm referencing The Lion King. Because Black Panther and The Lion King are very similar.

SJW folks are praising the movie for the amount of black people... Which I don't get, because Meteor Man and Blankman already did the Black Superhero thing way before the Black Panther movie.

Wonder what M'Baku will bring to the table in Infinity War...
I feel kinda bad about the movie. I liked it, but wasn't blown away by it. I want a sequel, but it's not the MOST WANTED SEQUEL that I want. I totally feel like I'm gonna get hate if I say anything negative about the movie...
Am I racist for feeling that Black Panther is Average?

No comments:

Post a Comment