Jun 30, 2013

Why do I fear Equestria Girls:

I have already mentioned how it takes away the Pony from My Little Pony just to have human girls.
There is another ingredient that scares me...
High School!

Yes, High School... Remember it? Was it like it was on TV? With Zack, Screech and the others from Bayside? Or perhaps your High School was more like Cory's with Shawn, Topanga, Mr. Feeny and the rest?

Well, can you Picture Ponyville and Canterlot's citizens in a High School Enviroment? Of Course Cheerilee is going to be the only Teacher we see... Cause she's like the only Teacher in all of Equestria... Celestia doesn't count as a teacher.

Since this is High School and Twilight is a Girl... This means BOYS!!
He's for everyone of us
Stand for everyone of us
We might throw him in cause High School Cliches... A Dance at the end Fall Formal, Prom or something... Nerdy Twilight Sparkle triumphing over Evil Bully Sunset Shimmer seems like a pile of cliches... Add some assorted musical numbers and we have a mega cliched High School Movie... I almost forgot, since this is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, we need to add FRIENDSHIP!!
Maybe some brony references...


I mean it's not like they're going to go the Sailor Moon Route and Turn these girls into the Freaky Pony-Human Hybrids of the Equestria Girls toys as a Mandate from the Marketing Department... Cause that would be totally stupid... Right?

I know what everypo... everyone will say: Trust the Writers...
Um... Trust the writers, you say? They will make this work... It's not like they're going to make a 70 minute blatant commercial for toys... Then EXPLAIN THIS!?


Sure, the FIM writers will come up with a way that makes sense, but this stinks worse of Marketing Ploy than when the Mattel Marketing Department said that He-Man needed pants and fight evil in Space while wielding a Lightsaber... (I wonder what they were snorting or where they were snorting it from... It was the 80s... Cocaine was the rage back then for the Executive types. Different times and all that...)

I can live with the whole High School thing... It MAKES Sense in the whole My Little Teenager: Jailbait is Magic... but... I want to see a My Little Pony movie about... wait for it... FREAKING PONIES!!

Don't get me wrong... the whole Fish out of water premise is a classic. Especially when you kick it up all the way to 11 by exaggerating the Fish out of Water aspect... (A Pony in the Human World)
Tara Strong: Spoiling EG before the trailer came out...
What Little I know of the Plot seems like it will work. Sure it will be cliched, but it's the little things like the nods to the fandom, the character interactions... (Pinkie Pie will be perfect for a ton of visual gags). At the same time it might be super generic... and that's another thing of what I fear with EG...

I'll have to see the movie to get answers to some of my questions... (Avoiding Pony boards and pages cause of Spoilers)
Who is Sunset Shimmer?
Is the movie a stand alone thing, or will it have an effect on the show?
Flash ♪a-ah♫ Sentry will be a Recurring Character?
Also this:

We're NOT getting an Equestria Girls Spin-off series... Right?
Will the ponies meet their human counterparts?

And I guess that none of these, except who's Sunset Shimmer will be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment