Jul 27, 2013

Action Figure Woes: Sub Campaign is raging on, but I am a bit worried.

Now that they have shown Glimmer we've gotten 2 "Sub is in Danger" announcements from Neitlich...
This is the part where I beg of you to buy the sub assuming you can afford it. Again, Staying a s a Day of Sale consumer to "stick it to Neitlich" will cause Nepthu and Plundor to be among the last figures of this line, while we're missing core characters. While I'm NOT a fan of the Sub-Only route and still believe that's a huge factor on the pickle we are in (not to mention flawed character selection); I think that you should buy the sub, cause Glimmer would please me... If you don't want to throw me a bone then do it for Freaking Modulok!! He completes the core Horde for the boys!! (the PoP Girls need their Entrapta and Double Trouble... who I don't think will happen) There's also TWO-BAD!! He completes the main Evil Warriors!! At least we should complete the core evil warriors and Horde...

Sure there are others coming like Scorpia, Blade and Huntara, but the thing is that these last 3 will totally NOT MAKE IT, if we don't reach the goal... Glimmer May have a glimmer of hope to make it, but knowing Mattel, they may ax her just to spite me if we don't make it!

So, my fellow MOTUC Fans, if you want 2014 items and CAN afford the sub, do it!! DO IT ASAP!! (Cause payday and other stuff, I can't ask you to DO EET NAO!!)


DC Fans are in the same boat... but the Tiers strategy MAY backfire if Mattel doesn't explain that a bit better. The whole Doomsday thing... Heh! Appropriate Sub Exclusive afterall... Doomsday and here I am talking about the subs being DOOMED, unless we reach the goal... If you're a hardcore DC Fan, Buy the Sub... but if you have to pick between DC and MOTU... I can't be impartial here... I'll beg of you to buy MOTU... I still don't get how the Doomsday thing works... Tier one gets us Prisoner Doomsday, but Tier Two gets us Unleashed Doomsday or do we get both? CONFUSION!!


Now the only thing I think it's royally screwed is the Ecto-1!

I'm sorry, but What is Mattel smoking!?
$215 dollars to preorder a car... that you need to spend an extra $50 JUST to have 2 Ghostbusters that can ride it... For those of you keeping score at home:

CASTLE Grayskull's Preorder was $250 ($275 the time they reopened it)
Ecto-1 Preorder is $215 + $50 for Ray and Peter $265 All 3 combined... Almost as much as Castle Grayskull... for a Car and 2 Ghostbusters with Removable Proton packs that we should have had a LONG TIME AGO!! (the busters with removable packs, not the Ecto-1)
Putting it in perspective it makes the Ecto-1 seem incredibly overpriced... Perhaps if they removed the electronics that bump up the price, THEN it would almost make sense... I'm sorry Ghostbusters fans, but I don't see Ecto-1 Happening... I HOPE it does, but I just can't wrap my mind around paying almost as much as Castle Grayskull for it...

Now had we gotten a Firehouse Playset with Janine, well... THAT would warrant the $265 that they are asking... Also it would give them a reason for that Walter Peck Figure by making the Containment unit from Peck compatible with the playset...

But what am I saying, this is Mattel we're talking about... They thought that no one would buy Janine, but we'd be OK with tens of Ghostbusters variants. But what do I know? I don't have years in the toy industry nor I have access to a team of world class researchers.

I'm just a guy who talks a lot of crap on a blog!
Having The Firehouse would have lent itself to nudge more folks into WANTING an Ecto-1...


So, again, If you want the products and can afford the Sub costs, you should buy the sub. "Sticking it to Neitlich" screws us all...



No comments:

Post a Comment