Jul 19, 2013

Post Mattypalooza 2013 thoughts

Well, we were hit with a wave of reveals a few minutes ago. (some were spoiled early due to ebay and sneak peaks from Matteh!) So, I'll talk about the leaks first, since I had more time to thing about them. I am still shaking after hearing and looking at the reveals.

Geldor:
He's pretty much Geldor, as seen on the mini comic... BLEGH! Mr. T Jokes will be coming. He comes with the Ax from the Cover, yay... and the PCP that made the tree kill him...


I don't like Geldor as a character, he does nothing for me, BUT he looks pretty cool! I'm surprised with the huge amount of new tooling on him. I thought he would have gotten Bow boots and Skeletor Loincloth, but no... Those are new! He will come this November.

Nepthu:
I already mentioned the ebay leak yesterday... He is nicer than I expected, but he IS still Nepthu.
Like the stolen ebay figure showed, he looks too nice for an evil T.U.R.D. Also, it's a shame they didn't reuse the Geldor boots on him. He's the November Filmation Figure

Sky Sled and Wind Raider Pilot:
My Buddy 'Meteorb Joe' must be doing backflips of glee right now... He's a fan of the Wind Raider Pilot that he christened him Sky-High... Wanna know what Mattel called him? Sky High... Apparently he's a 2013 holiday item (I still wonder if this will be the $50 item) So, he's getting a Sky Sled AND a character he wanted with the name he made up! It's no Meteorb, but it's cool that he's getting something he likes!!! He also has Wind Raider Wings that may work like Zidane's Spear or Darth Maul's Double Lightsaber (So far they do not split in two.) He will show up on September.

Weapons pack #4:
KOWL!!! Motherloving KOWL!!! Bow will no longer be naked on my shelf and FINALLY! Someone who knows Adora's Secret!!

Sadly, he's in vintage toy colors... I'm sure if Mattel had made a poll Filmation colors would have won. Unless, the Filmation version is still coming! Still it's FREAKING KOWL!!!!
We also get:
-Weapons rack shield, Spear, Ax and Mace in Gold for Granamyr. With no Weapons rack to put them in... This is cool and sucks at the same time. Think about it: that's 4 item slots "wasted" that could have been used on something else while releasing a redeco of the weapons rack for Granamyr and Castle Grayskull. Missed opportunity here. Now don't get me wrong, the weapons are cool, but for the FINAL Weapons pack, they seem like lazy options.
-Power Sword, He-Man Shield, He-Man Ax in Clawful Mace Repaint Green.  *shakes fist at sky* RUUUUUUBENNNNN!!!!
Seriously? Instead of Silver Power Sword Ax and shield to spice up BA He-Man OR to have an Adam with a sword that matches Adora (colorwise) we get Puke Green He-Man weapons? If it wasn't for Kowl this WP would be a waste...
-SLL Stuff in "Metal" Aside the Dumbass SLL Shield, THIS Actually makes SENSE...
-Hurricane Hordak Stuff in Trap Jaw colors (Plain black cause Logistics... Must do Metallic blue touch ups...) I'm so painting the veins on HH Veiny balls in blue for Trap Jaw...
-Trap Jaw Weapons in Roboto Colors... Well, they MATCH the Roboto weapons in Trap Jaw Colors. Looks like I may have to repaint (adding Metallic blue touches)
-Bubble Power She-Ra's sword in blue for Netossa: Shame that they did NOT add a Faceguard for her to complete her vintage toy look. At least she now has an offensive weapon! It's based on her cardback art!
-Strobo's COSMIC SHOTGUN!! Now he can enforce the Cosmos!
-Rattlor's 200X Armor: Holy No more naked Rattlor Batman! 

Holy crap! That's 20 Items!! But Kowl, Rattlor's Armor, Netossa's sword, Strobo's gun and the SLL stuff make it really awesome... This baby comes in October

Loo-Kee:
While not officially announced, Mattel has a contest for SDCC con-goers who are from the continental 48 states (Flipping me off cause I'm in a Commonwealth) that if you find Loo-Kee on their display you win a free sub! And Someone already WON a FREE SUB!!
Behold the Judgmental Squirrel who also is into voyeur...


So far no info on when he shall be released!!

Castle Grayskull Box Art:
There's only representation from the first two waves of MOTU. I'm not angry that there are no She-Ra or New Adventures characters... I knew that the MOTU Ultra Purist vote wouldn't even allow a wave 3 or beyond character OUTSIDE of the Sorceress. Instead of Using the box art to show a union among the eras in MOTU, Neitlich pulled off a Pontius Pilate and allowed the vote for subscribers only (Only to those who subscribed Before they reopened the subs.) Seriously, MOTU's stagnation is mostly due to the overreliance on the 12-back characters. The castle will come in November. $300 for Day of Sale + Shipping.

Sea Hawk: 
Dick move Mattel, dick Move... Yeah, they "warned" us, but wasn't Club Filmation for characters that were One-Shots?  Sea Hawk has about 6 episodes AND a cameo on the Christmas Special...

I don't want Icer, I consider Batros Skippable (aside a GD Batman joke), Shokoti is the only one I wanted, aside Sea Hawk... He looks cool, but it's very likely that I won't get him, unless I find a deal through secondary market. I had to choose between Club Eternia or Club Filmation when Sub-Lites showed up... I picked Eternia. He's the October Figure for Club Filmation.

Lord Dactys:
He looks cool, but I could have lived without him... He looks very 200X-ish, but he's coming in October... (Too much stuff coming in October)

Strongarm:
Filmation's December Figure. He comes with a gun that looks a bit like Earthworm Jim's gun... I honestly, don't care about him... Congrats to Strongarm fans!!

Plundor the Spoiler:
MOTUC Pink Bunny! I dunno what can I say about him aside, Pink Bunny with Skeletor's Ax from Diamond Ray of disappearance!

HORDE TROOPERS:
THE Army Builder is coming!! October... (So, let's do the math: Troopers, Mantenna, Lord Dactys, Kowl)

Glimmer:

That was my reaction (wingboner included) She is PERFECT!! Tiny nitpick, da pizza. Everything else...

She comes next February...

TWO-BAD:
The final Core Vintage Figure is coming next January... It's Hideous!! (and rightfully so.) He's the January Figure... We'll complete the Core Evil Warriors!!

Hydron:
Vintage Purists will bitch and moan about him, but Hydron looks effin awesome!! He's got tons of new tooling and ACTUAL FLIPPERS!! not evil Duckfeet!! Now Flipshot won't be alone...

 Modukok:

That's Mattel's new name for Modulok... Must resist urge to make a Multi-Bot Reference!
He's the First Quarterly... He's the mysterious $40 Item...

Traveling Con Exclusive:
It's Goat Man!! I think he's from the Golden Books. He comes with the Mini Comic Emerald Staff of Avion.

Standar!
MOTUC Stan Lee... He looks like a Gar Stan Lee... Will post more info when I get it.

Final thoughts:
Buy the Freaking SUB!! I NEED MY GLIMMER AND Two Bad... and Modulok... Oh yeah Sub Exclusive is The Unnamed One... No pics until he arrives at your doorstep. Mattel's Super Secrecy code or something... Also, Buy the Sub!!


UPDATE:   Huntara won!! I don't know how she did it, but she won! Somehow I was expecting Masque to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment