Jan 4, 2014

John Chu Speaks!

I  almost want to make a Martha Speaks reference, but I won't since Chu gives us the dish on why he ditched MOTU... Basically, Joe 3 is set to happen but MOTU is dragging its feet.
I guess this might be a good thing, since Retaliation wasn't well received. I KINDA liked it, but it didn't wow me.

Then again, Chu has the Bieberflick stigma attached to him. While he could THEORETICALLY deliver a masterpiece (something that Retaliation was not) The whole he Directed 2 Justin Bieber "Documentaries" will haunt him for a long time. Just like Uwe Boll is known for his super crappy films and no one remembers the less crappy ones.

But there is the whole thing about the MOTU Movie's progress being as slow as molasses. which again, is bad for the brand. Hasbro is churning Joe and Transformers movies. Meanwhile, Mattel has nothing to show.

With each bit of news I hear about MOTU, I get more disappointed. I mean I'm seriously believing that this will never happen...

I suppose that this will be the only MOTU movie in my lifetime.

But there is this little Tweet going around... This guy is a Columbia Pictures Exec and if you notice the tweet is being retweeted by the He-Man movie account... 
Some people are getting excited about this, but this is just talk... The moment we get a cast and the movie gets filmed; THAT is THE moment to get really excited! Right now these talks about getting an "incredible script" and "looking for the right director" are simply words that haven't gotten He-Man out of Development Hell.

Well, that's pretty much ALL the buzz on the new MOTU Movie...


No comments:

Post a Comment