Feb 9, 2014

The Unnamed One is Out!!!

The cat is out the bag. The Unnamed One has been leaked!! 4Chan is to blame.
My First Reaction is closer to this:


It's a Trollan. I'm posting the pic that has spread like wildfire in case some of the bigger sites get called out by Mattel.
I had a little time to deal with this during the recording of an episode of Council of the First Ones, because it's a bit of a hard pill to swallow.

Now that I have a cool head, I can speak of this figure.
THE ULTIMATE EVIL IN ALL OF MOTU is this guy...
Stan Lee is the Almighty Creator... This is basically "The Devil"... Let it sink in.
OK, I don't see this creature as the Ultimate Evil and creator of the Snake Men.
There is something effeminate about him. I'm not sure if it's the eyes and veil which vaguely remind me of Dree-Elle, but there is something that makes him look a bit girly.
Rumor Mill said that the Unnamed One came with 4 Accessories. One of them is the head.
So: Second Head, Wand, Green Lantern Construct and Trollan Flight Stand make the 4 Accessories. Now don't get me wrong. The UNO has a bit of new tooling on him/her.

Here's the thing: It's not a bad toy... It simply fell TOO Short for the hype that Mattel was trying to generate. He was simply not worth the secrecy.

Then there's the whole: It's a frigging Trollan thing!! Why do I bring this up?
People are going to feel ripped off. We have a Pack-in Accessory like Cringer or Orko eating up the cost of a full figure here. Remember that Cringer and Orko bumped up the price of their respective characters for $5. (In Orko's Case Adam bumped up Orko's price for $20.) What I'm trying to say is: This sucker better have one or two mini Figures hiding in there.

Obviously, the rage can be heard and it's well justified. We got various reactions like
-"Attitude Adjustment" Neitlich! I'm cancelling the sub!
-This figure sucks ass!
-Desire to Johnny Cage Neitlich.
Among others. Now that my NEEEEEEEERRRRRRRD RAAAAAAAAAGEEE!! Has subsided. I can see the positives, sadly they aren't doing that much good due to the exaggerated hype from Mattel.


And we MAY have a confirmation... Does anyone remember this? Back when T.U.R.D. boy was coming?

Hoo Boy! This is why I feared the whole Mystery Sub Exclusive game. It would bring people's hopes up then the reveal brings them down... He's cool but he needed to be cooler...


No comments:

Post a Comment