Feb 24, 2014

Mini Comic Sub Would it work or not?

I'm almost done! I promise. Next to New Adventures the other Underrepresented branch of MOTU is the Mini Comics... Sure we have Goddess and Geldor and that's about it because the Alcala styled head is just a head and we don't have a Full Alcala Skeletor. Well we could also count the DCUCvsMOTUC Merman...

So, a Theoretical Mini Comic Sub with no variants... How would this look like? Yes, I'm counting Oo-Larr the Barbarian as a variant.

I'll start with Lodar... Who I've campaigned to join the line already. but if you're lazy, here's the parts rundown:

Lodar:
New Head
New Armor
Standard He-Man Body
Demo Man's forearms and shins
Plundor's loincloth
Vikor's right Bicep
Marzo's hands
Keldor feet.
Dark Gray Castle Grayskull stand
New Cuffs that attach to the stand

Why Lodar? He's a cool looking guy who SURVIVED his encounter with He-Man Unlike the Mr.T Wannabe.

Garn:
New Head
New Armor
New Loincloth
New Boots
Vikor's right Bicep
SLL Mace and Palace Guard Shield

Why Garn? Lodar, of course! I went with the Mini Comic since his Native American inspired Look is a bit better than the Filmation version of him.

Prince Dakon:

New Head
New Armor
He-Man Buck
Tri-Klops Forearms
New Loincloth
Geldor's boots
(extra Texeira Styled He-Man head from He-Man meets Ram Man)

Why Dakon? We have Geldor. He is an important character in Geldor's Mini Comic.

Etherian Rebel Josh:

New Head
Basic He-Man Buck
Hordak Forearms and He-Man hands.
Adam Vest
Plundor Loincloth
He-Man Legs
Dekker Boots.
New Sword

Why Josh? Are you asking me WHY JOSH? I said Mini Comics, not MOTUV Mini Comics. I can choose from POP, NA and even MOTUC Mini comics.

Great Black Wizard: (Not my recipe)
New Head
Normal buck
Nepthu Biceps
Tri-Klops Forearms
Skeletor Hands
Vikor Loincloth
Blast Attack Legs
Batros Feet

Why the Great Black Wizard? The Recipe made by Axel Gimenez (*I think he did more detailed art of him for Mattel) Makes him look Awesome. Not only that but he created the Douchebag Dragon-Man known as Draego-Man... Also, you could use him as a better UNO than Mitch! One of the better MOTUC Mini Comics stuff... (Looking at you Loser-Lot)

Catra's Cat Slave: (Story of She-Ra)
New Head
Beast Buck
Carnivus hands and feet
Preternia Loincloth
Cy-Chop Belt
(Extra Baby Adora from the Same Mini Comic)

Why the Cat Slave? A, it's a Minion For Catra. B, Super Easy to make. C, allows me to toss in a Baby Adora for Baby Snatching Hordak. Also, non-POP fans may look into selling them to POP fans so they can Army Build, Then there's also the customizing potential for Generic Qadians if one isn't into POP.

Songster:(The Sub Exclusive)
I've campaigned for him already. Now here's the parts Rundown:
New Head
New Vest and Cape
He-Man Body with Hordak Abs
Hssss Shoulders
Mosquitor Biceps
Bow's forearms and hands.
Mosquitor Loincloth
New Thighs
Demo Man Shins
Stratos Feet

Why Songster? Well he was in a MOTUC Mini Comic. While he is originally from the Power Tour, his mini comic appearance makes him a candidate to be on this sub. Also, I freaking Want Songster in MOTUC. While not THE most desired character in the universe, the Sub Exclusive status would make him appealing for some.

I could have pulled them out of MOTU Mini Comics alone, but I chose not to in order to have a sub that appeals to more fans than only the MOTUV fan. I tried Looking at the NA comics, but only The Sorceress I found interesting enough, but the NO Variants rule blocked me from picking her. Why I avoided the Demons from Masks of Power or the Kex? I don't like them.

It would have been easier if I used variants, but Maximizing slots prohibits that. Earlier comics had other characters that could be added to the pool. The newer comics focused only on the ones that had toys. In any case, once you really look at it, there isn't THAT much to look for without relying on variants. So, I don't think the Mini Comic sub has what it takes to make it. Especially since I felt myself scratching the bottom of the barrel... but Nostalgia and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment