Sep 5, 2018

NYCC MIGHT give us something She-Ra that isn't about Noelle Stevenson!!

Yay? As you are well aware, I'm NOT excited about this flaming turd of a reboot and it already has worn out most of my patience. 2 and a half months for the premiere and what do we know?
-LGBTQ showrunner.
-Bunch of (white) women writers
-Hyperdiversity cast
-Stevenson is adding her D&D dirst character into the show.
-This She-Ra is mostly divorced from MOTU.
-Redesigns have faux diversity and are awful from a design standpoint.

I have low hopes for this reboot... but who knows. Teen Titans go to the Movies surprised me... in a good way. Maybe this show will too?

My expectations:
Huge deviations from the mythos... Rise of the TMNT levels of deviations. I expect the faux anime trend when dealing with awkward and comedic situations for them to change the style to a super SD form "for the joke".
Hyper preaching with a radical progressive point of view being the focus instead of being fused organically into the storytelling. Also being the opposite of fun.

Yes, I am extra harsh with MOTU, BECAUSE it's a "sacred cow" to me and I'm afraid these hipsters will ruin it.


No comments:

Post a Comment