Sep 26, 2018

It Came from the Toy Chest: Super 7 MOTU Wave 2 Round 1: Charmander and canned soup

yes... Super 7 sent my my stuff WITHOUT Shipping notification... and without the Tri-Klops head...
No this isn't the way you think it's going...
I'm miffed, but mostly because I woke up throwing up my guts and with a fever... I couldn't go to work today due to that. Also I had to fix my toilet because it was acting up and the replacement parts SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR IT didn't want to work properly. As I was leaving to cool off (and get a replacement for my replacement parts, I saw it... The Hugh Jass box with the MOTU logos and everything... Left outside in the very light rain... My reaction was as expected. Fixed the toilet, grabbed a quick bite to eat, puked it, so I'm eating crackers and sprite, because it's the only thing my stomach can tolerate for now... Had I been Working, these suckers would have stayed far longer in the rain... Seems that I got a new mailperson... So I picked 2 boxes at random and here we are.
Tunglashor representing Club Grayskull and Dylamug Representing Club Grayskull Classics.


So, let's talk the characters:
Tunglashor is the Filmation version of the MOTU Character Tunglashor. Who is NOT Charmander... He predates Charmander for a decade more or less. He's a dopey looking Hordesman, who was a bumbling buffoon (but that was normal in the 80s. He also used to work for Skeletor.

Dylamug is practically Evil C-3PO in MOTUC lore. He was a bumbling Horde General, who has an advantage over Kristen Stewart, Kit Harrington, and Brie Larson... He has 6 Expressions.

Now that you have an idea of Who's who, Let me get to the better part: The review. I shall do Tunglashor First, then Dylamug.



Tung:
Articulation:
Standard Club Filmation Articulation for him. New ML Styled Rockers on his ankles would be the only noteworthy thing to mention. His neck is unposeable. (Well at least mine is. The Barbell where the head pops in is fused and cannot move at all. Feels like it could break in any moment.)
4.5

Paint and sculpt:
He sports the standard buck with new forearms and torso. The head fits on a classics buck... If you ever anted to make a Lizard-pig hybrid, Charmander allows it. His buck could be used for generic Horde Underlings. The less detailed underpants look like tattered leather instead of furry underpants, but they could pass...
Mine has a few issues with paint. His legs are painted plastic and when checking the articulation his knee chipped off some paint. His knees seem to be in that reddish brown color. there are a few spots with splotchy paint on mine.
3.5

Accessories:
Extra head
Jetpack
Gun tjat he can;t really hold on without warping his hand.
3.0

Overall
Nefty: Say Are you threatening Me?
I am Cornholio! I need TP for my Bunghole
Dylamug: ARE YOU THREATENING ME!
I AM... THE TERM CORNHOLIO DOES NOT COMPUTE.
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THIS TP FOR MY BUNG...
HOLE! 
TL Gets a 3.67 as his final score. It's not a bad score, nor a great one, but I am Pleased? with him...
I know... I can't believe I like Charmander...


Dylamug:
Articulation:

Now, now Jay... Let's try to put it a bit better.
His articulation is inferior to MOTUC Figures and feels like a tail end of ToyBiz toys pre-marvel legends figures when they were experimenting with Articulation. Super stiff joints + Spindly arms... I'm a bit afraid.
The most "Dynamic Pose" I could pull off with Dylamug is

Not to mention that the cables limit some of his already limited Articulation range... Shadow Weaver levels of inability to pose... At least his 6 expressions can spice up the display.
Dylamug: Sit!
Tung: *pants*
Dylamug: Who's a good boy?
NOT ME!!
3.0

Paint and Sculpt:
Filmation Accuracy is a double edged sword. For Club Grayskull loving folks, this is a godsend because it's free of those evil details that MOTUC lovers love. For MOTUC lovers, Filmation Accuracy makes sculpts look bland and lifeless. So, for a Club Grayskull figure, he is PERFECT... BUUT since he's a "Classics figure" He failed HORRIBLY. To Classicize him, I'm thinking of getting a sheet of clear Plastic from a Marvel Legends Figure Window Box, cut it into panels to glue into Dylamug. Maybe even print out a picture of a motherboard and attach it to Dylamug's back covered with the clear plastic. He needs SOMETHING to look better than a Deluxe Happy Meal toy. This is the part where I give him a rating, but the Poor Choice of making him Pure Filmation in MOTUC WILL HURT His score, so he'll get TWO scores. The true MOTUC Score, which will be bad. and the Club Grayskull score, which will be good.
MOTUC: 2.5
CG: 5.0
Nefty: If I beat him can we go on a date?
Tifa: No, you chose the biggest jobber after
that Pink Karate guy...

Accessories:
3 interchangeable head crests:
FilmationFilmation firing a puny laser blast...
Pseudo Classics using Filmation Hordak's face.

2.5

Overall:
I wanna die, but cannot self-terminate
As a MOTUC Figure, Dylamug fails. The Interchangeable crests were an afterthought AND were done WRONGLY! Limited Articulation. His arms and legs feel super fragile and the lack of paint and details make him feel like a Happy Meal Toy. He gets a 2.67 as his score.
AS a Club Grayskull figure: He fares a bit better. 3.5 would be his score. I think it's a load of crap to unload Club Grayskull figures in MOTUC. He had the potential to be a bit cooler, but Damn Brandon Sopinski's lame-ass idea of Club Grayskull...









No comments:

Post a Comment