Sep 1, 2018

My issues with Super7: Their killen teh lien!

Scott Neitlich has been waiting for this day. I guess I need to help him manage expectations.
But yes, I am PISSED OFF WITH SUPER7.
Been seeing some pics of resellers trying to pawn off their early access to wave 2 figures...
Giving Caesar his due, the Collector's choice were the best  the show... Even Dylamug, who might get some paneling added to him when I have him in hand. Filmation on the other hand... yikes!

Before I go on, I must state the following:
This is NOT OUT OF HATE. I want Super7 to succeed, but the amount of successive blunders is too damn high.
Pretending Everything is fine when it isn't helps NO ONE.

QC issues have plagued the line. I already discussed the issues on wave 1. No need to recap them, but swapping heads with figures whose neck pegs break when attempting the swap is SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE FIXED... female stumpy legs and extra wide hip pieces is another issue that NEEDS to be fixed.
These issues seem to have returned on Sorceress. Not to mention that spmeone screwed up the translation from prototype to final product.
It almost feels like going to a restaurant, ordering spaghetti ala bolognese and getting a plate of Boyardee.
That's how drastic the difference from Proto to final figure.

The Delays... They are not worth it if the final product isn't as good as the promise made by the prototypes. I preordered wave 2 in October 14, 2017... in roughly 40-something days it's going to be the anniversary of the preorder being made. Y'all took my money and I'm still waiting. Had I known what the end result would've been, I would've skipped Filmation wave 2. The one figure I was looking for has ended up looking like a flaming turd. On the other hand, freaking Charmander is the best of the bunch...

You are spreading yourselves too thin. Growth is good. But you guys can't even get 4 classics figures and 4 Filmation figures being released in a timely fashion (I get it it's a learning process, but that defense won't last forever and people are losong faith in you). Then with NO WARNING you throw random things like Stridor and the dungeon rug (missed out on that one) now the wave 2 of the pseudo vintage... I forgot when you sprung out wave 1 with no warning as well... and Snake Mountain, which I'm guessing I'd have to throw $700-ish at it with shipping.
(At least you KINDA Gave a heads up) wave 1 of the pseudo vintage figures were having leg breakage issues...

I don't want to see y'all fail. But it feels like y'all are running like a headless chicken. Or lile you're throwing everything but the kitchen sink to see what sticks. Having a steady stream of product is a good thing, but at the same time, not getting the Real Action Figures out in a timely fashion and when you do, they have a buttload of issues IS NOT A GOOD THING. You need to get into a groove before branching out.

Now 2018 has been the year where Collector's choice were snubbed BOTH at SDCC and Power-Con. You show Wave 3 of Filmation but True MOTUC, where your screw-ups have been minimal (and most of them stem from forcing Club Grayskull aesthetics into it.)

Right now, with Super7 throwing that much stuff at us, QC being a Russian Roulette, I must pick and chopse my battles. I'm primarily a MOTUC Collector. That means faux vintage, Reaction aren't for me. I WANTED to get them, but the QC issues for the price are a huge turn-off.
With the QC issues on the Club Grayskull line, I cannot pull myself to bite the bullet, especially when there isn't a Collector's choice wave to soften the blow.

Then there's Snake Mountain... No matter how you slice it, that one will rape wallets. Right now, as risky as it may sound, Snake Mountain is my main target. I feel like I'm on the verge of walking away from MOTU Toys... I know I've mentioned the gist of this rant before. It bears repeating because eventually the "second chances" will run out... I KNOW I'm not alone here. I don't want to give up on ya, but my patience is running out.

If there is no improvement, the line is dead...

A former Mattel employee once said: "Negativity kills lines." He might be right, but to that I say:
"Repeated blunders with no hope for improvement BREEDS Negativity."
If you don't want Negativity, then as they say in gaming GIT GUD...

The ball is in your court, Super7... Your move. Please, don't mess this up... I'm BEGGING you.

No comments:

Post a Comment