Oct 4, 2018

it came from the Toy Chest: Super7 wave 2 Round 4 The seaweed is always greener on somebody else's lake...

and I forgot the Vampiric Pirate Tina Turner Reference... The final Figures from the 2 Waves: Merman for Club Grayskull and Karg from the 1987 movie for Collector's choice...

Who are they?
Merman: Skeletor's Under the Sea Warlord... He talks like he's gargling water and his sword is made out of CORN!!

Karg, well I already described him as a vampiric Pirate Tina Turner... He was one of Skeletor's Henchmen in the 1987 movie and a "Replacement" for Trap Jaw. A "Holy grail" to some... like Myself...

So let's get cracking!

Mer Man:

Articulation:
Standard Club Grayskull fare here, except the abs. They seem to be frozen on mine and I won't tempt fate. I wish I could fix his ab crunch, but the risks outweigh the rewards. (Shouldn't be this afraid from issues, but the QC has been more miss than hits)
4.0
I have the COB!!

Paint and sculpt:
For a Less detailed Club Grayskull figure, Merman is Superb. Aside the painted hinge joints on his hands, everything is cool with Merman.
5.0

Accessories:
Spear, Gun, Cornsword...
5.0

Overall:
Merman gets a 4.67 as his final score, which is pretty good. I wish his ab crunch wasn't frozen... Wait... I just completed the Core Evil Warriors! YES!
The Boys are back in town... and Evil Lyn too!


Karg:
Articulation:
Call me Tina one more time!!
He has Club Filmation Articulation, which in a way is good... Except his left hand for Obvious reasons. The loincloth and cape SLIGHTLY hinder his articulation.
4.0

Paint and Sculpt:
He's  based on a mirror image of the Magazine possibly with some movie details, but not enough to ruffle feathers. I had to glue the wig on mine since it was half-unglued.
Other than that flawless... not taking into consideration the change of hook to avoid legalese issues.
5.0

Accessories:
a Gun
a Knife...
He only has one hand... what to do, what to do?
Logic...
4.0

Overall:
Karg gets a 4.33 as his final score. While he feels a bit shorthanded (pun definitely NOT intended) on the accessory department, he's as close to perfect as he could be. I'm glad we have him though... Buut I think I can't believe I'm saying this but Wrap Trap is 20% cooler.







No comments:

Post a Comment