Oct 2, 2018

It Came from the Toy Chest: Wait is this a Clone Saga Love Letter?

With Kaine and Jackal being reviewed I thought that a Clone Saga reference or twenty would make sense.

So for the uninformed:
Jackal is Professor Miles Warren a Science Professor at ESU who wanted to put a little Miles in Gwen Stacy. He once cloned Peter Parker and figured out his Amazing secret. He then cloned him multiple times and Gwen too. He became a stooge for Osborn during the Clone Saga... Recently he was cloned and tortured by the New Asshat Ben Reilly... Who ended up killing Jackal... or something.

Kaine is the Protoman to Ben Reilly's Mega Man... and the Akuma to Ben's Ryu. A Faulty Clone of Peter Parker obsessed with killing Ben (who was thought to be the read deal) He did become a dangerous threat to many Spidey villains and eventually took the mantle of Scarlet Spider (which is the version of Kaine that I'm reviewing now)

Now that you know, let's begin:
Jackal: I know which one is real and who
is a clone.
Spidey: Real
Kaine: Clone
Ben: Regrettably a clone. Also YOU'RE
a Clone...
Articulation:

Jackal:
He seems to be in a furry buck, sadly a bit Too Small for Beast. His range is standard ML, though it feels slightly hindered in the legs.
4.5
Kaine: Dammit, Ben! I wanted to kill
the real one! Oh well!
Peter: What the Hell!? What part of GREAT RESPONSIBILITY
you guys don't understand!?
Ben: Oh please, explain away, MR. I traded my wife to Satan to
save Aunt May...

Kaine:
Well, he seems to be the possible originator of Silver Surfer's body. Since Kaine is a clone, then I'll Reuse Surfer's Articulation description... Standard ML fare WITH Butterfly pecs, that allow a better range in poses for surfing. Submariner would have benefited from this torso for swimming poses.
5.0 
Update:
2099 White suit seems to use this buck as well...
Kaine: I'm Scarlet Spider!
Ben: Nuh-Uh! I'm Scarlet Spider!
Peter: Now I remember Why I hated the Clone Saga!
Kaine and Ben: Shut Up! Faust! At least we didn't trade MJ to Satan!
Peter: It was Mephisto!
Kaine and Ben: SAME THING!!
Paint and Sculpt:

Jackal:
As I mentioned in articulation, he has a new buck that captures the character quite well. He has a subtle wash to make his fur not look a gloop of green plastic... Pleasantly surprised.
5.0

Kaine:
Sadly one of his hands (Closed fist with Stinger has some paint issues. Other than that the figure rocks. He has a bigger body than the Spiders, but he has the same feel as Pizza Spidey, only bigger.
4.5

Accessories:

Jackal:
Kaine: OK, so Peter is Brunette and Ben is blond... I have a beard...
Does this mean I have to poke my Eye out and pretend I'm Doc Ock?
Peter: Doc Ock is currently running in a cloned body that has Our DNA
Kaine: WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS!?
Ben: ( Liquid voice) ME!!! Dear Brotha! (Normal Voice) but it was an accident!

Baf Piece
2.0

Kaine:
Extra hands
Bearded Parker head (reuse from Cosmic Spidey)
BaF Piece
4.5

Overall:

Jackal:
He gets a 3.83 as his final score. He should have come with a Miles Warren head to make him POP!!

Kaine:
He gets a 4.67 as his final score. He's pretty cool for being the incarnation of the character I don't give a damn about. Now gimme Wild haired 90s Kaine...







No comments:

Post a Comment