Jan 1, 2020

Odds and ends Jan 1. 2020... Thundercats, Fake She-Ra, and stuff...

Well, well, well... 2020 is here... I feel old! Living in 5 decades hwile BEING UNDER 40 is incredibly Stressful! And yes I'm aware of my spelling of while.
But I have a funny Tale. Remember Noelle Stevenson's pop cultural appropriations of She-Ra?  Mattel made some dolls and they're now on clearance!!

It's actually quite simple Tumblr does not buy products.  they may watch the show but at the moment of buying merchandise they buy Jack Shit. It doesn't help that Mattel did a subpar job with them. And that they let the property be hijacked by tumblrinas... ( I understand DreamWorks is mostly to blame for this but that's not the point)  the point here is that merchandise for a children's cartoon failed and it's going to hurt Mattel big time!

 Hopefully the horrible 5.5 figures won't fail big time, otherwise this would mean the death of He-Man...

Super7 revealed their new Thundercats figures: Mumm-Ra the ever-living who comes with Ma-Mutt. Tygra watch own but no Wilykat this time around. They showed grune the Destroyer and I almost want him for the broken Sword of Omens... Pumyra looks like shit though...

Pumyra will come with:
Belt
Sling with bombs
Totem of Dara
Glave
Extra head
Extra hands...
She also has new legs that are supposed to make her look less tall but we've seen the issues with Super 7 and female figure so she'll probably be a midget.

Grune has a buttload of stuff
Extra head (flashnack)
Extra hands
Alternate armor to show him as a Thundercat (flashback)
Seal of Grune whole and broken
His club
His knuckledusters
And like I mentioned the Broken Sword of Omens...

I can now see why they went with a living version of Grune even though I would prefer a spirit version of him.
A 14in translucent spirit version of him and a matching Jaga would be awesome.

And Tygra seems like the most basic of the bunch...  here's hoping the wikykat rumors are false.
He has
3 Bolo whips:
Closed, open, and one with real string...
 extra head
 extra hands
I'm a bit disappointed that he doesn't come with a silky or the fruit from the garden of delights...


Mumm-Ra as you can see, comes with Ma-Mutt... but the fuck that needs to shut up is nowhwre to be seen.
 well Mumm-Ra comes with
Fully extended sword of Plun-Darr
Extra head
Extra hands
Soft cape (probably shitty cloth)
Ma-Mutt
Mighty Gyroscope Regulator
Key of Thundera
And I'm not sure what the hell are those nipple thing that are in the picture.

I mentioned a couple days back that I was only interested in Mumm-Ra and Tygra still stands but Grune is almost tempting...

Happy 2020, folks! I might be taking it easy in the next few days cuz I really need a break...  I'm thinking I'm going to take a walk with the old man...

5 comments:

  1. Tygra and Grune's colours are way off and Pumyra's head sculpt looks worse than Mattel's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree... but to be fair, Tygra's coloring has been inconsistent in media and merchandise.
      Part of me is afraid of what they'll do to Cheetara

      Delete
    2. Yes Super 7 and the 4H don't not have a good track record of making female figures. All the females Super 7 have been awful.
      As for Tygra yes his colour is inconsistent but I prefer the more washed out greenish/aqua colour as it gives a nicer contrast when displayed with the other characters.

      Delete
    3. The Aqua on Tygra will contrast pretty well against Lion-O and Panthro. I hope they change the coloring on him.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete