Sep 1, 2023

Juan Piss: Netflix Adaptation: The rant

 It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of One Piece. I tried watching the anime, but the art style was a huge turn off for me. Since the Netflix adaptation is live action, the style isn't as off-putting, I might be able to watch this. Not to mention that most of what came out regarding the show was how the people working in it want to make something respectful of the source material. Even the creator of the manga is involved. So let's watch the first episode and find out. 

I'm sad that Gold Roger didn't say he hid the treasure in One Piece... the narrator did...

Also, no Pirate Rap... that's disappointing. While not entirely accurate to the first few episodes I saw in preparation for the show, Mainly due to live action having some limitations that animation doesn't. It feels a lot more respectful to the material than Cowboy Bebop was. 

It's acceptable. Not as mindblowing as Rurouni Kenshin, but not as awful as Knights of the Zodiac...  Fun fact: Mackenyu played Enishi in one of the Kenshin movies, Seiya in the Knights of the Zodiac, and Zoro here. Hopefully I can stay hyped for all 8 episodes 

No comments:

Post a Comment