Sep 26, 2023

Super7 at Brock and Mortar stores?

 It's a bit of a weord experience finding Super7 Ultimates in Brick and Mortar stores. I'm not talking about comic book shops, I'm talking about big retailers like FYE, Best Buy, or Macy's. I know that the only FYE in Puerto Rico closed over right a year ago, but they had some TMNT Ultimates and Thundercats, as wellnas ReAction crap. They were also selling them over Super7's base price. 

On the other hand, Best Buy and Macys are selling the figures at prices lower than Super7's if we factor in shipping costs. I'm not going to lie and pretend that there is a huge selection of figures, but being able to snag all four turtles for slightly cheaper than Super 7 feels kind of good. No I did not buy another set of turtles. I did get a second Alice, because I'm going to customize her to be Nefty-kun's stepsister and not be wearing the Alice costume. 

Alice & Alicia: Hello, Nefty... come and play with us. Come and play with us, Nefty... forever... and ever... and ever...
Nefty-kun: I hope your come is spelled with an o and an e at the end...
Alice and Alicia: We want to play poor pussy with you,  Nefty...
Nefty-kun: In the words of the great strategist Joseph Joestar, NIGERUNDAYO, SMOKEY!!

Before I began to butcher one of them, I had to take a pic of Nefty-kun's third worst nightmare.

I'm torn, because being able to get these figures at retailers is awesome, but at the same time, I know that Super7's unable to keep up with the demand from retailers. It was enjoyable to see Super7 products that aren't the ReAiction crap. Wonder if the GI Joes might make it to stores... 

No comments:

Post a Comment