Sep 1, 2023

Top 20 Gameboy games I'd like to see in Nintendo Switch Online

 Nintendo has loads of games in past consoles that were favorites of many pwople throughout the world. Sadly, many of these have remained forgotten to the annals of history and only piracy has saved them from oblivion. I'm not here to talk about piracy, but for a legitimate way to play these games. I will try to keep the list 1st party, but some 3rd party games may slip in.

20: Donkey Kong Land:
Basically the Donkey Kong Country "game" for the Gameboy. Not to be confused with Donkey Kong, which is a souped up remake/sequel to the Arcade Classic of the same name.

19: Qix:
I remember the GB game over its arcade counterpart and I loved the Art Class minigame on Bully, because it was basically a Qix clone.

18: Radar Mission:
It was a fun Battleship clone for the Gameboy. I spent a lot of time playing it.

17: Motocross Maniacs 2:
I've lots of nostalgia for the first Motocross Maniacs on Gameboy. In fact as I'm writing this one of the game's songs has popped up in my head. But the GBC sequel improves a lot of the original,  according to gaming magazines.

16:Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel: 
It's a non-canonical Metal Gear game, but it was on the GBC, which is a feat on itself.

15: Pokemon Yellow:
In order to avoid adding the same game twice, this "third version" of Pokemon Generation 1 is perfect for the Switch.

14: Super Mario Land:
The original Mario game for the Gameboy. While, yes, Super Mario Land 2: the 6 Golden Coins is a superior game, we need to have the Original game. I'm hoping that with it Tatanga can get more love.

13: Super RC Pro Am:
Another Early Classic for the Gameboy. Sadly, This was one of the older games that often eluded me.

12: Megaman Xtreme:
Just like Dr. Wily's Revenge was a weird Gameboy port of Megaman 1, Megaman Xtreme does an "Alternate Universe" take on Megaman X for the Gameboy Color. There is a sequel, IIRC and I wouldn't mind them both hitting the NSO.

11: Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters:
Kid Icarus gets very little love. This sequel os less punishing than the NES game.

10: Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3:
I loved this game a whole lot and I prefer ot to the Wario Land Sequels...

9: Pokemon Pinball:
We got the TGC on the GBC, personally, I preferred Pokemon Pinball.

8: Bionic Commando:
Capcom's classic game, but on the Gameboy. I know that the NES version is better, but I need to fill the GB/GBC Slots.

7:Pinball: Revenge of the Gator:
Another Gameboy Classic that I spent a LOT of time playing.

6: Missile Command: (GBC)
I'm well aware of the Normal GB Asteroids and Missile Command 2 in 1 game, but this one has color.

5: Donkey Kong:
The enhanced remake of the Arcade game woth tons of additional levels deserves to return to console.

4: F1-Race:
Another OGGB classic and this was the game that came with the 4-way link cable that was rarely used.

3: Kung-Fu Master:
I think it was a sequel to the NES game Kung-Fu. I remember liking it better than the NES game.

2: X: (JP game that never made it out of JP)
This was one of the first "3D" games on the GB. That's all I know about the game, and to be fair, Nintendo tends to pad some of their releases with a random Japan Only release, so here's mine.

1: Super Mario Bros. Deluxe:
Nintendo has a knack for releasing the original SMB as much as possible. This one is another chance to do the same. IIRC it includes Lost Levels, so that's a plus.



J  

No comments:

Post a Comment