Sep 12, 2013

Heroes of Cosplay? *updated* with pics

Methinks that a title change should be done ASAP! Seriously, they spend so much time on the drama and faux drama made in the editing room. The cosplay itself takes a back seat to this drama. Sci-Fi channel (I refuse to use their newer name) is making the cosplayers seem like a bunch of bitches and drama queens. Also, it sucks that there's a shortage of male cosplayers on the show. This could lead to accusations of sexism by some people... (Oh wait! That person who I'm thinking of is OK with Cosplaying... but Videogames, now that's where the Sexism lies!!)
If the show focused more on the costumes and the way they are built; it would be a lot better.

Seriously, when a competition has kickass Cosplay like a Guyver with Light up chest similar to this one

but we're focusing on "Comic Book Costume" made of paper... something's wrong here.


Heck check these MGR: Revengeance Raiden Cosplays

Hell, Even Adam Savage from Mythbusters has made some impressive stuff for cosplay...


But noo... That is lame!! NOW THIS is what Cosplay is all about...
Any comment I make will make me look 20%  pervier in 10 seconds flat!
What? I ran out of Rainbow Dash quotes!?
Costume Quality is good, but is not AS Accurate to the character.
Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying eliminate female cosplayers and focus on the men. I'm saying: Eliminate the drama Bullcrap and focus on what's important: THE FREAKING COSTUMES!!! Heroes of COStume PLAY... If I wanted to see a bunch of girls whining, bitching and loaded with Drama, I'd watch The Real World...


Also, screw the upcoming Fangasm! It reeks of Classic Reality TV... I expect Frankenbites to blow out the drama...

2 comments:

  1. yeah, i assumed before i started watching it that they would relay on fake OMGDRAMA. so i just endure it for the 5 minutes of actual costumes at the end of each episode. also because they tell you the con & the costume, i can look up those awesome male cosplayers online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expected some drama, with it being a reality show. I just didn't think that the Cosplay part would be downplayed THAT Much.

    ReplyDelete