Dec 5, 2018

It Came from the Toy Chest: Got it Memorized?

I have no idea, where the rest of my Diamond Select Kingdom Hearts Figures ended up... I think I gave them to my brother, so he won't mind if I review it before I give it to him.
Axel... Member of Organization XIII, just google it! I ain't explaining Kingdom Hearts! Thing is he's voiced by Quinton Flynn (Human Torch, Johnny Quest, Iruka-sensei, Reno of the TURKS, and last but not least: Raiden) So, you know I will squee like a fangirl... Mostly because of Raiden. Thing is that I bought him on the Geoffrey is dying rush... I think he was like $5 at the time... I already was a bit disappointed at Sora, but I kinda wanted an Enemy and he was cheap.

Articulation:
He's a Glorified Statue. Barely poseable. The head, shoulders, bicep cut, single joint elbows, and wrist. You can't memorize anything with this figure...

But the sickest joke is the ankle articulation... The range is INCREDIBLE!! yet he can't move his legs to use this insanely good Articulation point!
Heck! He can barely hold on to his chakram...
2.0

Paint and Sculpt:
I mentioned that the Characters, the human ones look "Americanized". Well, this issue happens with Axel as well. The paint is amazing!
4.0

Accessories: 
2 Chakram and a Heartless Statue...
I didn't expect a fully articulated Heartless, but that sculpt is 2 pieces... The head could have been made poseable!!
2.0

Overall:
Axel gets a 2.67 as his final score... Got it Memorized? The lack of Articulation is to blame here... Looks like my brother is getting another KH statue for his shelf...
 The lack of pics showcases how little I can do with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment