Dec 13, 2018

Sesame Street has a new homeless character.

And many websites are treating this character as the FIRST character who had to deal with Homelessness.
Before I go on, I NEED to make a Disclaimer:
I am NOT mocking Sesame Street for making a character deal with this situation as a PSA and ofdering ways how to help people going through the situation.
I AM mocking websites making the ridiculous claim that this character is the FIRST Homeless character in Sesame Street.
I mean we have Freaking Oscar the Grouch

Who has stated that He loves trash and Rent is a lot cheaper in a Trash Can. Sure it was kinda played for laughs in the Huff Poo video, but it's in its own way, a harsh reality. People lose their homes because of rent being too harsh. Now Lily is the FIRST character whose issue with homelessness is DEALT IN A SERIOUS MANNER.

Not a homeless muppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment