Jun 24, 2019

Top items we'll never see in MOTUC.

With Mattel taking over MOTU and heading in a completely different direction from Classics, and the deal with Super7 ending most likely before the movie; we can say that MOTUC is dead... or very close to death. (Super7's lack of interest in doing anything beyond Filmation, the tangled rights issues on She-Ra don't help the situation) since I have ranters block and I most DEFINITELY don't want to talk about the notion that Steven Seagal was almost Batman 1989.

So without further ado, Top things I would've liked to see in MOTUC: (in no specific order, not counting the Club Grayskull sub-line. Full classics style items here, even if they came from Filmation.)

1: Classicized Eternos Palace:
The third Most important zone in Eternia. Visually It should be based on the Filmation cartoon  (Classicized) since it's the most iconic version.

2:Land Shark:
My favorite Evil Vehicle. It would've looked sweet updatwd to today's standrards.

3: Spirit:
Adam has Cringer, He-Man has Battlecat She-Ra has Swift Wind, when Adora has Jack shit. Also Swift Wind is freaking expensive in the secondary Market. I simply cannot buy a second one to make Spirit.

4:Meteorbs:
Because Stonedar, Rokkon, and Granita need beastly companions.

5:Whispering Woods:
The main base of The Great Rebellion what's shown as a future playset that never materialized in the original line. Personally I would prefer a more Filmation inspired take on the Whispering Woods. Taking the elements of the proposed toy playset but sculpting it to be more in line with the Filmation design of the zone.

6: Etherian Fright Zone:
By the name you can probably guess that this is basically a Filmation Fright Zone. In a MATTEL-INSPIRED move, the play features inside could be recycled ideas from previous playsets. (Throme and Trapdoor being from Grayskull)

7:Eternian Slime Pit and Fright Zone Ruins:
Yes I'm combining both vintage Mattel mini playsets to make something a bit more substantial.

8: Dragon Walker:
It's mean it's green it's a slow ass Dragon machine! But it's a beloved vehicle, so I want it!

9:Etherian Rebel Josh:
This is Netflix House of rants! Of course Etherian Rebel Josh, Melaktha  or Songster will make an appearance in a Masters of the Universe want List!

10:Melaktha:
The grumpy archaeologist was the original black guy Masters of the Universe even before clamp champ soul yeah I do want him represented in plastic. I've  already stated why I want him, so I won't go into detail.

11: Songster:
The spoony bard completes my Trinity of oddball wants.

12: The Remaining New Adventures of He-Man characters:
I could pad out the list going one by one, but I put all the Meteorbs in one spot, so same thing here.

13: Crystal Castle:
While this one would be more of a backdrop piece than a Playset; it is a key place on Etherian Lore. I would combine the Vintage Toy with Filmation's Spire on top of the Toy playset.

14: 200X variants of key characters:
Revisiting certain folks isn't a bad thing. This allows us that.

15: Lt. Andra:
One of the few original characters from the Marvel Comics Iteration of Masters of the Universe. She has been in cameos in Classics continuity.

16:Army Builders: The Snakemen could use some beefing up in ranks besides "Bert and Ernie". Here is where they can go wild with designs that theoretically need no new parts. Skelcons could getva revisit without the Roton.  Maybe the Horde could get the 200X knights.

17:More Weapon Paks:
Self explanatory.

18: Return of Mini dioramas:
Castle Grayskull, for example is missing the dungeon grate, the Triangular weapon rack, etc.

19: 200X  Battle Ram Chariot;
Seems that Skeletor could use a Royal Vehicle and Panthor ain't it.

20: Scrollos:
He's the Uatu of MOTU, of course I want him...

21: The 3 Towers of Eternia:
I didn't forget them. I just wanted to end with the logistically impossible set!

While I wouldn't be able to buy them all, I would've wanted to see all this before the end... Hopefully, SDCC will proe me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment