Jun 29, 2019

Batman vs TMNT: the review the rant

I saw jt, I kinda liked it, but didn't love it.
The Batman vs Shredder and the Batman vs the TMNT fights were cool, but nothing else REALLY wowed me.
It's loosely inspired on the first Batman/TMNT Crossover comics.

I REALLY wanted to like this: it has Batman and TMNT... two things I like and should mix well, but for some reason didn't.

There's a ton of references that made me chuckle, but references alone a movie does not make. I had a couple of issues with some of the choices... Why does Donatello's head look like a toe? Why is Bane a Cheetah? Why did they suddenly go full Fred Wolf series when they were going for a pseudo Mirage feeling?

Troy Baker is a much better Joker than he is Batman. Tara Strong as Harley... is very welcome, then again, I am a bit biased.

Shoot, am I getting grumpier with age?


No comments:

Post a Comment