Jul 4, 2019

Odds and ends Murica's birfday, 2019...

And let us start with Disney's latest self bastardization... I'll give you a hint: Disney Renaissance.
The Little Mermaid, foo!
Well, the Untalented Melissa McCarthy will play Ursula...
Not bad, I'm not a fan of McCarthy, but it's a decent casting choice  Ariel...
Is now Black... because reasons. This pisses me off!

Whoa! Before we get into the Racism accusations, hear me out:
Look at the picture. It makes my argument quite simple:
Every previous adaptation has had the main characters resemble their cartoon counterparts as much as possible.
Except Ariel...

Where there no white, light haired (not necessarily red) girls that could do the role? This casting choice is pandering for faux "diversity". I'm guessing that neither  Tiana nor Pocahontas will be played by white girls. Because this "colorblind" casting will work in one direction...

If a character has a specidied appearance in the source material, then you MUST stick to the source material. Period. Race swapping is a lazy gimmick. Ms. Bailey might be a good actress/singer, but she's being used as a gimmick and that is shameful.

Rumors about GTA VI have surfaced... Vice Ciry, Liberty City "Cuba" and "Brazil" have surfaced as locations.
Think Narcos crossed with Scarface in a prequel that may fearure characters from IV, and V in the 70s-80s.
The rumor mentions Martin Madrazo as a character you can encounter.

I like the idea of drug running in the 70s-80s. Kinda reminds me of Scarface: The world is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment