Oct 8, 2019

It came from the Toy Chest: I'm Batman!

I did promise to get a Batman for Alfred.

So I bought a Batman specifically a Michael Keaton inspired Batman by Mattel.  I say inspired because it's not based on Michael Keaton instead it's based on the  figure by ToyBiz.

Do I need to explain who is Batman? Rich guy dead parents, dresses up like a bat, beats up mentally ill people for kicks...
He can kick and hold the pose.

Articulation
This Batman has some confusing articulation. He has Hasbro elbows but for some reason they don't swivel side to side.  his head a ridiculous range of articulation especially since the version of Batman it's based on could barely move his head. The legs have a Marvel Legends level range of articulation.
4.0
Rhe Dark Knight vs the Hemp Knight 

Paint and sculpt 
 from the neck down he's amazing the head is the one part I do have a huge issue with. It replicates the toy Biz figure a bit too well. The body is not accurate to the movie costume Just like the 1989  toy Biz figure, but it works well.
Think of it like a comic book version of the movie costume.
4.5
GRAPPLING HOOK!!!!

Accessories

Mabel's pretty much right. GRAPPLING HOOK!!
 I kind of wish you had come with a Batarang
3.0
Batman: Alfred! Where's my Diet Coke?
Alfred: I'm afraid, we ran out...
Batman: I hope you didn't drink my last Diet Coke.
Alfred: I wouldn't dare, sir!
Batman: Good, because I smeared the can's rim with tissue infected with McGregor's disease!

Overall
Batsy gets a 3.83 as his final score. It's not bad but it could have been better.  at least it's not a Clooney bats. I did not mention the cloth cape in the review because first I hate cloth capes. second this cloth cape is crappy and and would have knocked a lot of points from the score... due  to my hatred of cloth capes.

No comments:

Post a Comment